itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

So who’s hyped for Civilization 6 releasing in just a couple of hours? Who here have maybe even pre-ordered the game? (even though pre-ordering is heresy)

3 Likes

Pre-ordering is a prime tenet of NERPsianism, foul heathen. That said, I am one of the apostate poor so it will be until next thursday until I can even think about buying it.

2 Likes

Hyped and pre-ordered the game. There was no benefit to pre-ordering.
Preloading the game is just an additional torture of having that on the harddrive…locked.

In short I was weak, but regret nothing. :itmejphappy:

3 Likes

I may have committed a wee bit of heresy… I am super hyped.

1 Like

I’ve pre-ordered it (but only because TB played it a lot on stream). And I’ve got a week off work starting Friday :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Yeah I’ve caved in and pre-ordered too, it just looks so good!

1 Like

Pre-ordered (sorry TB), Pre-loaded, and taking a few hours off work tomorrow just to play it longer :itmejphappy:

3 Likes

I have been obsessing over it since I opened the preview. It’s so much fun. I can’t wait to play again.

Scythia 4 life.

5 Likes

You made it rain in the Kongo. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Adam it’s time to up the difficulty :itmejphappy:

1 Like

I did just buy it now so that way it pe-loads.

I just found out Gilgamesh is one of the leaders. So next thursday, I’ll begin writing his Epic.

Bought it day one, Imy incredibly find of this game. I’d love to possibly get some community games going at some point if there’s enough interest!

I’ve only got 16 hours in 6 so far but I can say I’m definitely a fan of Sumeria with Gilgamesh and Enkidudududu. being able to discover THE POWER OF THE ATOM from a barb camp feels so good

oh shit. now i ship gilgamesh x tomyris.

3 Likes

The whole game just feels like a stepup from 5 in both visual and audio design. The base game mechanics have been polished, and the AI isn’t as silly. It’s still not the best the closer you get to the end, but especially around classical/Renaissance it makes realistic decisions a player might make.

The whole agenda system is great too. I wish Ghandi’s was ‘nuke the world’ though. :itmejphappy:

The first Civ I encountered in my first game of Civilization VI was Gandhi and I wasn’t surprise by him :
“The is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it.”

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/255969629398205600/ADAA2895B771BC4B5A2541B61E1E4D3FE1646FC9/

Been a fanatic of Civ games since Civ III and hype for me has only gone up with each Civ game (we dont talk about Beyond Earth).
And Civ 6 is another great game that i see i will be playing for hundreds of hours already.

One of the random Agendas Gandhi can get is “Nuke Happy” where he likes to use nukes and appreciates it if you have some.

2 Likes