itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

RollPlay: Court of Swords on Nov 1 cancelled

There used to be two shows scheduled for Nov 1, both Court of Swords and Blades. It looked like what’s listed on Oct 25. Now the Nov 1 schedule says Cancelled (which used to be Court of Swords) and Blades is still there. I think @Tahkai11 is correct, Court of Swords looks cancelled next week Tuesday.

It would probably be better if the pop-up text on “cancelled” said what was cancelled.

@itmeJP confirmed this on Stream today. Court of Swords is cancelled on Tuesday because @AdamKoebel is taking a well earned day off for his Birthday. Blades in the Dark is still on schedule for Tuesday evening 9pm EDT

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying guys.

1 Like

Made it into a new topic so more people can see it, I hope you don’t mind :itmejptip:

It wouldn’t show up as cancelled for those that uses the API to do iCal if we did that (I think), it’s also not developed to do that. :frowning:

1 Like

OK that makes sense. Maybe title the even “Cancelled CoS”? I’m not sure how the calendar works though.

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry y’all! It’s my birthday and I’m gonna stream all day like last year. We’ll get back to action the week after!

12 Likes

Eh… More time for Day 9 to get ready.

1 Like

Happy Birthday in Advance Adam!
:itmejpgmleft::itmejpgmlol::itmejpgmright:

1 Like

I was sad when I saw it got cancelled but now that I know that it´s because Adam Koebel is celebrating his birthday I can get over it and look forward to the next show. Probably with Day9 aswell at that point?.

1 Like

I can’t think of a better excuse. Happy Almost-Birthday!
So… how many additional birthdays do you gain for each PC soul you harvest?

1 Like

Happy Nameday, Adam! =D I’ll be sure to tune in!

I get one present from death for every PC life I take in a year. Last year death got me some really lovely whiskey tumblers.

5 Likes

Does Death ever take you out for awesome pizza? I hear he loves that stuff.

Is it possible to move Blades to the timeslot Court of Swords was in?

I know scheduling for five people is hard, especially on short notice. Its just a totally selfish idea since that would move Blades from 2am to 10pm, which is much easier for me to watch live. (and I guess for other EU people, too)

The problem is the cast of Court of Swords and Blades have varying schedules. Wheat works a 9-5, so he can’t do the earlier time slot (from my understanding).

2 Likes

Are we still doing this? Is it my turn next time?

2 Likes

Too bad. Can’t do anything about that then, I guess. :itmejps:
RIP sleeping schedule again :itmejphappy:

Has it been confirmed that there are no more Saturday shows or is this just a one off?

1 Like

There hasn’t been a Saturday show in a while. The first Blades session was going to happen that day so we would have an epic weekend of Rollplay, but scheduling conflicts occurred. While not 100% confirmed it is seeming more likely that Blades will continue to be on Tuesday evenings at 9pm EDT.

1 Like

It would be nice if the events had a boolean “is_cancelled” field/property, it would be a lot easier/safer to check when parsing the events, instead of checking the event name.

On the front end part you could then easily add a strike through on the event name / title by adding a cancelled class to the lightbox-event, something like this:

.cancelled { text-decoration: line-through; }

<a class="lightbox-event cancelled" data-fancybox-href="/lightbox.php?event_id=64" href="http://itmejp.com/event/dropped-frames-week-79/">Dropped Frames</a>