itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[RollPlay: Blades Q&A] Episode 13: The Dockers Are Burning

Ok cool maybe I was just looking for the negative in the feedback thread from before.

Rune has come very close to death or serious harm a fair few times, when she tapped into the power grid during the assualt on the Leviathan Hunter Ship and also when she went one on one against the Ghost at Lord Sukurs Mansion, if Rune hadn’t rolled a 6 on her attune for the power grid or a 6 on her resist rolls against the ghost and had instead taken alot of stress, she could have gotten trauma then and there, been out of the fight and the ghost could have possessed her or who knows what else.

We saw during episode 12 that Aldo went against some Fog Hounds armed with firearms and they could have inflicted a fatal wound on him, @OneSevenDesign explained very clearly before Zeke rolled that the Fog Hounds were taking aim at him, I knew then that anything less than a 6 was going to result in something nasty for Aldo.

I do think an argument could be made that the Resist mechanic seems abit too strong but to be honest the cast has gotten extremely lucky with their rolls, I like the characters alot and as such I am happy that they’ve gotten out of these potentially deadly situations, but I am well aware that these rolls should not be taken for granted and at some point someone is most likely going to take a Trauma mid fight and either they themselves are going to be seriously screwed or the cast members still up are going to have a very tough time when they’re down a member.

2 Likes

Yep. And let’s not forget Miss Cattaby, who was trauma’d out by the Fog Hounds in a fight. She wasn’t their true target, so she was merely left for dead. If that had been Rune… well, it would have been very bad.

2 Likes

Oh yes of course, surprised what happened to Miss Cattaby slipped my mind.

I believe getting a level three harm also takes you out of the fight? if so, is that treated the same as getting trauma’d out? are you unable to put up a fight anymore and the enemy is able to freely act against you if you’re undefended by a third party or can you try to desperately escape?

Level 3 harm is incapacitated. You can take action by pushing yourself, or if a teammate assists you.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The potential stress influx from a crew member getting a level three harm is brutal, both for the person affected by the harm and for the others trying to assist, if a crew are in the middle of a particularly deadly encounter I’m sure there’s a high chance for a domino effect to occur that could easily result in more than one crew memeber getting trauma’d out. Needing to assist an incapapcitated crew member plus a few bad resist rolls and wham, Crew wipe. How exciting :slight_smile:.

1 Like

All it will take is one time for that to happen and it kills them. Once that happens, not only will it be funny to watch, but it will probably reduce or eliminate it completely.

Watched some older Doctor Who (10th Doc) just now. “Timey-Wimey” reminded me of @iNcontroLTV’s explanation of the “demoney” stuff. Can we please call it Demoney-Weamoney, when someone asks again and the explanation gets too complicated?

:itmejpgmleft::itmejpgmright:
3 Likes