itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Rollplay:Blades music

Hey people, i sat working on this for a while. Wasn’t sure which direction to take the song tbh but i hope you guys enjoy. Please feel free to comment on the song good or bad… constructive criticism is always good :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Awesome! Absolutely love it! :itmejp10:

2 Likes

Awesome as always. :itmejp10:

2 Likes

I can say I really enjoy the feeling of this one. It fits the setting really well IMO, feeling a good almost factoryish vibe of what the area might look and feel like. What were you trying to capture or represent most? I get tones for some characters and solid tones of the scenery, maybe some Bluecoat vibe in there, of how I see them, and the era everything takes place in.

I love it and look forward to anything else you come up with! It’s always great.

2 Likes

Nice one dude! (character limit)

2 Likes

Yeeessssssssssssss. :itmejpo:
Dude. This is too beautiful. Gives me some Hans Zimmer vibes.

1 Like

wow that was so good. I love the tone of it and the beat especially the “ting” sound very industrial. :itmejp10:

2 Likes

@Broxalar cheers dude, from watching the show I got a heavy feeling like one of oppression. Also got the feeling of like olden days Britain/Russian sort of picture to everything or maybe Dishonour the game but darker. Well it’s hard to explain, the show and the people does it stuff and I just start making music from what I feel I guess. Hope John approves anyway and haven’t gone in a completely different direction to what he imagined when he wrote the game :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That 100% bleeds through from what I was feeling. I just didn’t have the right words to state it that way. It works very well and I love it personally!

2 Likes

Very nice. Good output from you lately! :wink:

1 Like

It´s really awesome that you put time into creating this stuff!

I feel like I don´t wan´t to be a douche and point out what I don´t like about the music, i´m grateful for the fact that you do this and I want more, you asked for criticism and I don´t know how to put it nice, i´m blunt sometimes I don´t know how to express myself.

I´m not a big consumer of music and I don´t have big knowledge about producing audio either, so take my criticism as it is:

When listening to the song I get a feel of Cirque de Soleil, this music would´ve fitted good in the tv-show Carnivàle, it’s extremely repetitive to the point that it gets boring, a sense of apprehension in the air as if something big is coming, that never does, it lacks some kind of “drop”, the song transfers from a crescendo into ambient noise that could be playing to a non narrative sequence in a show, for example an intro to a tv-show that shows the credits and following an object going through scenes with the actors first in normal speed to slowmode and when the drumbeats in the audio the visual cracks to other actors…

Might not be the best description but I hope you get the gist of it.

1 Like

@Samstein_ It’s cool dude, it’s good to get feed back and i understand about pointing out the parts that might not be bad but leave you thinking “hmmm… if only that maybe done that instead of that” but you gave helpful criticism.

The point is it’s easy for people as your self and others to sit a listen and find the good and the not so good factors in things that i might not hear.
You have to remeber from my point of veiw, i’m writting the track and listening to what i’ve done over and over again, then i have to go over and over it again mixing. The problem with that is sometimes you miss things, and overlook something that might be plain as day in your face.

Having people yeah not rip the tune to bits but point out as you did the bits they wan’t keen on helps me look at the song and find new ways to change it up and progress.
In all it makes me strive to do better and thats where your thoughts come in. It’s nice to be able to do something i enjoy and have people to share it with too so don’t worry dude you haven’t made me trash my music equipment in a blind rage and thanks for the input. :wink:

1 Like