itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Roll 20 app macro

Hello,
I saw in week 24 of CoS when JP cast a spell it allowed him to cast the spell at different levels in roll 20. Does anyone know the macro they are using to do this? I was thinking of using roll 20 for an online game I was going to run and this would be a very helpful thing. Is it a standard feature of roll 20?

Yes it’s builtin to Roll20 on the OGL Character Sheet which is the default character sheet.

That’s Awesome. Thanks @boostgeek!

@boostgeek more like BEST GEEK

Haha thanks man, I try.

Hey Adam, speaking of Roll20, about the weapons that can be used one or two handed. Have you considered setting the first damage field as a d8 with the type “(1-hand) bludgeoning”, and the second damage field as a d10 with the type “(2-hand) bludgeoning”? I’ve been using it in my games and it works great, you just have to get a declaration from the player before they roll the first time which mode they’re using. It’s much more flexible than having one macro that you have to keep changing or two different macros.

The only downside is it won’t work for a weapon with additional damage (extra elemental damage or whatever), since the second damage ‘slot’ is already used up with said additional damage.

Here’s what the output looks like, it’s really clean and makes it easy to keep the flow of the game going, as well as allowing the player to switch it up with no hassle if they need to grab a shield or hold something in their off hand.

I prefer to have two weapons, set the second one to 0 weight. One would have a 2H next to it and have the appropriate damage then the player can just click the one that is appropriate.