itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[Q&A S02E02] Love in the Time of Tentacles

this game REALLY stretches my improv muscles. je-sus.

6 Likes

Was the entire bar scene improvised?

1 Like

absolutely it was. what a mess :smiley:

4 Likes

Self-aware goons are the new Jackers, confirmed.

It’s so weirdly perfect that Rex is now so down on his luck that Sam’s literal dice rolls have become horrendously unlucky. Turns out that love is the greatest weakness of the apex predator of the galaxy.

1 Like

This is definitely my favorite episode of the season so far. Also, I give it two or three more episodes before they look into getting a control chip or something for Basil. :itmejpgmleft::itmejpbot::itmejpgmtpk:

1 Like

Amazing episode. The bar scene was fantastic but I feel like it missed one thing. When it cut to the “mysterious stranger” for the first time I wanted it to be one of the goons Rex previously beat changing outfit into a new character.

1 Like

@AdamKoebel I don’t know this systems rules for creating stunts or abilities at all. But since through 2 episodes it’s become a theme for BASIL to make things worse for everyone (which is amazingly entertaining to watch), would it be allowed for him to have a stunt that just said “when he performs an attack that can injure both the enemy and his allies, his allies gain a +2 to defend against it.”

2 Likes

That’s a pretty cool idea. You could justify it by the team having learned to watch out when Basil is near.

2 Likes

This is…

actually incredibly fucking clever.

3 Likes

Watching Rex’s old body fail him over and over again, gave me a cool idea for a stunt.

Because he’s “As good once as he ever was”, once per session, Old Rex can reroll using Young Rex’s approach modifier.

That antiques shop has the most elaborate ad I have ever heard of, live action with extras and everything.

Man, i was just waiting to hear adam say: “Hello, i’m Howard. I can do the thing”.

Older Howard is great though. he got a business and a life. Even a cool knew name.

2 Likes