itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Post show AMA's

Has any thought been given to how the question and answer format is going to look on this forum style?

I don’t know about anyone else but the main reason I went to the subreddit was the Q&A’s and fanart. Just a thought.

2 Likes

My best guess is that it would look like they did on the subreddit, just more structured and moderated.

I don’t know though. Guess we’ll find out for sure after the next show.

This is something we’ve been thinking a lot about and moving forward we do want to hear feedback on it. Right now there’s a few different features that can be used like seeing the posts that a certain poster in that thread (example Adam). There’s also a way to check question without having to quote or trying to find the post.

Sine this is such a stark difference from how Reddit does it we first want to observe and see how a post goes. After that we can adjust or build features that will aid in that. Right now the best step is to wait until there’s an actual Q&A post. I welcome all feedback after that (and before but it will have less impact without data to back it up).

1 Like

Is there a Q&A category already set up for launch? I’m still getting used to navigating the site (on mobile), but I feel that Q&As (being probably the biggest “feature” on the subreddit before) would do nicely in a single prominent archive all their own. Like two-click naviagation from the main community hub.

Though I don’t know how complicated it would be to “cross-populate” a Q&A category with a specific show category, since they definitely overlap. Just wondering if they’ll get drowned out in the show cat’s with all the fan posts.

1 Like

For now the plan is to have them under the shows category. Right now there’s not that many posts in those, since there haven’t been a show since launch. We will see if or if not it ends up being flooded or not with other threads. A possibility would be to move them to an archive category when the next Q&A comes up.

I’m planning to do a write up on all of the features that can be used with this community software.

2 Likes