itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Plugging non-Rollplay, fan shows?

Is such activity allowed? If so is this the category for it? I don’t see any specific rules saying not to but I also don’t want to be that one jerk who is a total jerk

3 Likes

I would PM a mod and ask if they don’t post in here soon-ish.

1 Like

Closing this topic while we discuss it in the staff section. Don’t worry I’ll get back to you all with an answer, and un-close this topic, but just don’t want a bunch of random speculation. Might PM you about it as well if we need a bit more clarification.

To get our attention faster use @moderators or @admins in your post. We will all get a notification that we’ve been mentioned and one of us can address it as soon as possible. Of course you can mention any one of us individually as well if you know the person you want to get attention from.

1 Like

Could you please clarify what you are looking to plug.
I am assuming non-RollPlay means the variety of other TTRPG shows on twitch and youtube? What do you mean by fan shows?

1 Like

I fail to see what the problem is. People watch Rollplay because they like that content, so if they are made advare of other rpg shows, is the potential problem/risk that people might stop watching Rollplay in favor of the other shows? That might be, but there is also an argument to be made that you can get some “cross pollination” when Rollplay viewers join the other communities and maybe talk about Rollplay.

1 Like

It’s a matter of where it’s posted and how it’s going to be posted. So we need to discuss it further to see how we’re going to handle it here. We could do it as per Reddit and do “A widely used rule of thumb is the 9:1 ratio, i.e. only 1 out of every 10 of your submissions should be your own content.” That would mean that it would be in a category for Trust Level 3 users and at the moment there’s only cast members in that Trust Level. Maybe lower it to a Level 2 but then we would do some adjustments to how to get into that Trust Level. At the moment there’s about 120 users in Trust Level 2.

As mentioned try to stay away from speculations and for everyone; do read the FAQ for these type of discussions.

1 Like

OK so here are our collective thoughts on plugging non-Rollplay shows.

We feel it is an integral part of this community to talk about all the things we love. While we focus primarily on content on JP’s channel, the idea of making suggestions on other wonderful TTRPG content on twitch and youtube is absolutely welcome.

However, we don’t want deep discussion about the ins and outs of the story arcs, spoilers, etc. to be a focus. Those types of discussions are best directed to the correct places. For example if you want to talk all about Critical Roll or Steven’s new campaign, the best place to do so would be their respective subreddits or forums.

Feel free to ask us if you have any questions or concerns about this policy, or want more clarification. Thanks! :itmejpheart:

2 Likes

Maybe have a post where links to playlists, a forum and/or twitch channels are collected, like an advertisement post, and be done with it?

1 Like