itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[PAX South] RollPlay: Four Years Later ~ Questions for JP

maybe i should have used the google form… ah well 12 is plenty and OP reading is for suckers

Looking back on the Original show what are your thoughts now that you have more experience running shows and as a player? How have your past shows influenced your current shows and any shows moving forward? And when are we gonna see another ferret in game?

Considering the last five years or so the influx of new players have been huge, and a lot of that should be credited to streamers/producers like yourself. But how much of that do you think is because of RollPlay specifically?

Personally I believe that shows like Critical Role, the FunHaus and Rooster Teeth YT productions, Aquisitions Inc. YT production and all the way to shows like Lost Initiative on Mathas’ twitch-channel, would maybe not exist without the groundwork of RollPlay bringing new players into the fold, and sparking that new wave of collective story-telling. How influential do you feel RollPlay and its different shows have been in regards to the “recent” resurgence of DnD and TTRPGs in the public eye?

And a simple question, both for @AdamKoebel and @itmeJP; What DM would you like to have as a show runner/campaign runner for a new show with different or similar rule sets? No limitations on who. It could be a major celeb or just someone you know personally.

In toe with that, what players would be dream additions to your already stellar cast?

1 Like

Cliche question that I don’t know someone brought up already but I’d ask JP - if he could tell his past self and the original Rollplay crew ONE THING before the first episode started, what would that be?

Soooooo :itmejproll::itmejpplay: : Burning Wheel @AdamKoebel :adamwheel:?
:itmejplol:

More seriously, What original project do you guys have ?
So far we had the Long Campaign with Solum, Discoveries with R&D, AoR and Blades, Live Live Shows (which have been awesome btw), The Westmarches Rotating Cast, First Time GMing OneShots etc.
So do you guys have experiments you want to try ? Like chat interactive shows (no gming backseating doesn’t count) ? RollPlay Review the GMs talk about Roleplay relative news ?

(First of, you guys are doing great! Its fun to see how the brand & community is evolving!)

Have you ever thought about Rollplay in other media such as comics?
For example, the comic series “Swan Song: A RollPlay story”