itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Patreon $20 reward sample

@itmeJP, Would it be possible to have a sample of the $20 reward PDF posted up. Maybe this could be the first one you released.

I currently contribute $5 a week which gives me access to the MP3’s which are immensely useful (I am in Australia and find it difficult to watch shows live).

If there was a sample of the $20 reward, it might help others like me consider the $20 patreon backing. Obviously this is just a ‘reward’ for support, but it might help people justify the $20 option. Just an idea.

1 Like

This post/reply has stylized previews, if that helps!

https://community.itmejp.com/t/rollplay-zine-issue-3-released/420/2

Aahhh nice.

Thanks for that @TheDesec

Well, I absolutely love the PDFs and the behind the scenes stuff thrown at us, and I think that JP, being the start guy he is, will post those PDF’s with a six months delay availble for everyone. Not only getting them will get people hyped for Rollplay, but may as well convince Patrons to upgrade to $20. I mean, It’s just GM prep, a thing that I could buy in a newspaper stand 20 years ago (several issues per month). Fact is that in the advent of Internet all of that sweet proffesional writing about RPGs went away replaced by blogs and other low quality things. What Adam creates is truly proffesional stuff and it’s a pleasure to read.
JP is absolutely fantastic in what he does and Patreon is a great opportunity for me to thank him for hours upon hours of fun. I sold my TV and no longer pay for cable, because I only watch things on my PC now, which mostly are rollplay shows. I can throw all that money at JP because of how smoothly he reintroduced me to RPG games, which used to be ma favourite pastime for a long time ago. The Behind the scenes stuff and those PDF’s are the cherry on top of the already delicious Rollplay cake.

It’s the same dynamic as with posting delayed youtube videos as an alternative to paid VODs. I got to JP because of youtube . I think that if those PDFs start to circulate, people can seek the source and that’s potential +$20 backers. I said ‘6 months delay’ but that’s probably something that needs fine tuning.

What do you think?

I think it would be more likely to have one sample issue, instead of all of them. Baby steps!?

You are right - the way these things are focused on past shows makes them really attractive to people who are already fans of Rollplay. It is possible that making them availble otherwise then as $20 reward would actually get people out of the $20 patronage.

The only other factor I see here is that Adam actually puts a lot of heart into the PDFs, and does so for a limited audience. I write stuff for a living and I don’t know how long he will be motivated if only the couple people pledging $20 and higher get these amazing pieces. I don’t know - maybe he’s going to make something else in PDF format that will be availble to a wider audience? Depends how he feels about that work and he’s rewarde for it. If he get’s a fair cut out of every $20, then sure, I can see JP holding those PDFs locked in a vault for everyone else then selected Patrons.

Anyway you’re right -I think that there will be more people interested in waiting, and much less interested in paying for early access.
Can’t wait to see the next issue!