itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Pat Rothfuss and Lin-Manuel Miranda working on Kingkiller adaptation together

this entire twitter conversation between them is so cute !

5 Likes

Yeah that’s awesome. I hope we get book 3 before he starts all that.

3 Likes

Hope so too. I have been waiting for book 3 to start the series. Its been a long wait lol.

1 Like

Did you read that side book? Is it worth it?

1 Like

No I did not . Did not know there was a side book honestly.

1 Like

It’s about that chick Auri from the sewers. I’ve heard mixed reviews.

3 Likes

I loved “A Slow Regard of Silent Things” but it is not for everyone. It is a bit different, but it is told from Auri’s point of view and she is a bit different. There is also a novella about Bast that I have not read yet, but will soon, called “the Lightning Tree” published in an Anthology collection called Rogues.

2 Likes

Patrick Rothfuss himself wrote the following disclaimer.

You might not want to buy this book.

I know, that’s not the sort of thing an author is supposed to say. The marketing people aren’t going to like this. My editor is going to have a fit. But I’d rather be honest with you right out of the gate.

First, if you haven’t read my other books, you don’t want to start here.

My first two books are The Name of The Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear. If you’re curious to try my writing, start there. They’re the best introduction to my world. This book deals with Auri, one of the characters from that series. Without the context of those books, you’re probably going to feel pretty lost.

Second, even if you have read my other books, I think it’s only fair to warn you that this is a bit of a strange story. I don’t go in for spoilers, but suffice to say that this one is… different. It doesn’t do a lot of the things a classic story is supposed to do. And if you’re looking for a continuation of Kvothe’s storyline, you’re not going to find it here.

On the other hand, if you’d like to learn more about Auri, this story has a lot to offer. If you love words and mysteries and secrets. If you’re curious about the Underthing and alchemy. If you want to know more about the hidden turnings of my world…

Well, then this book might be for you.

I think it is an excellent book. I would highly recommend it if:

1. You are open minded to a stranger book about simpler things.

2. You like Auri as a character (not just the idea of Auri as a quirky person but Auri with all her flaws)

My one suggestion - read it in one sitting if you can (its not big).

3 Likes

I love the kingkiller chronicles! Dying to read the next book!

At first I was sceptical about the book about Auri, but after finishing the other two books, my craving for more couldn’t keep me away! You should take Patrick Rotfuss foreword to heart, read the kingkiller chronicles first.

1 Like

A Slow Regard of Silent Things is definitely a bit different, but in a very fitting way for a book about Auri. If you enjoyed the rest of the series it is definitely worth a read!

1 Like

The Kingkiller Chronicle and Hamilton have been two of my absolute favorite things in the past few years. This makes me far more hopeful that the adaption could amount to something worthwhile.

3 Likes

Don’t wait, do it! You absolutely will not regret it.

2 Likes