itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[NEWS & DISCUSSION] Rollplay One-Shot: World Wide Wrestling

The next RollPlay one shot is RollPlay World Wide Wrestling! Join The cast and crew in a once in a lifetime wrestling event on July 22nd @ 4PM Eastern using the World Wide Wrestling RPG system

Players:
Holly Conrad
Brit Weisman
DistractedElf
Bluejay

The GM
Adam Koebel

Resources
World Wide Wrestling RPG
Twitch events page

6 Likes

Holly & Brit are both great players from what Iā€™ve seen of them on the dnd channel, itā€™ll be a great addition bringing them to Rollplay.

Pretty hyped for Commander Holly being on a One Shot. I wondered if she was ever gonna be on Rollplay

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m alone in wishing for more well known guests, or at least guests Iā€™m more likely to know/watch them later for one-shots. I mean I know Holly from Dodger, and I know Missclicks is a thing butā€¦ between not knowing who guests are, knowing other guestsā€™ work and behavior (and disliking them for it), do all other slots have to be filled with ā€œFriends/Coworkers of Adamā€? Add on to how long introductions, going over rules, character creation, setup, etcā€¦ I end up just feeling ā€œMehā€ about the whole thing.

:itmejpexcite: As an avid wrestling fan, this is damn awesome. :itmejpexcite:

Gotta say, havent been this hyped for One-shots since Dodgers romp :wink:
Cant wait!

Not everyone is going to like everything. That being said, making comments like ā€œhave to be filled with Friends/Coworkers of Adamā€ when you have zero information on how the scheduling process or knowledge of any cast discussions is both mean-spirited and pointless.

1 Like

As Erasure sang:

Open your eyes I see
Your eyes are open
Wear no disguise for me
Come into the open

No need to judge people you donā€™t know. How else will you ever broaden your view? All of the guests are youtubers / streamers and not some ā€œcoworkersā€ā€¦ well i guess they are as Adam is a streamer too? I like to see new people and potentially see someone i start to follow. [spoiler]Itā€™s also good for the participants as they can cross-pollinate viewers by having new faces around.[/spoiler]

The selection of possible female players might not be that wide. I guess some interest in wrestling is needed and iā€™m not sure how many can address to that and be able to be available for scheduling. Tho i gotta say Ezekiel_III could really have been something with a wig and some makeup. :itmejpcute:

You know of the scheduling process and knowledge of cast discussions as much as I do. Makes your finger wagging needlessly aggressive.

The only person Iā€™m outright negatively judging is one, which I wonā€™t name. Others I know from various Roll20 shows which personally, arenā€™t entertaining. With the exception of John Harper, Iā€™ve known the others in some capacity before they were a guest on a one shot.

John Harper, Austin Walker, and Jerry Holkins are neither YTers or streamers, and as far as I know, Roll20 pays cast some monetary value ([spoiler]because itā€™s certainly not going into making their lfg system any better[/spoiler]). That makes some of the guests coworkers in some capacity. Does that mean none of those mentioned canā€™t? Noā€¦ but Itā€™s almost always either people who weā€™ve seen before on RP shows or Adamā€™s pool of friends.

I personally think there only really needs to be an interest in RPing for 3-4 hours. It is a one shot after all. I donā€™t doubt though there are just some subjects to me that I personally would be, for lack of a better word, repulsed by, purely on theme alone (Traditional Sports for example), so the same might be said for other people.

Zeke, Bikeman, a mekeish character in Giantwaffle. Someone who constantly gets mentioned and is practically in a wrestling-ish type persona everytime he streams is DrDisrespect - someone who Iā€™ve never watched before. Iā€™m unsure the decision behind an all-female cast butā€¦ whatever.

I dunno, especially for a one shot it makes sense to get a group who already know and are comfortable with each other - especially with this powered-by-the-apocalypse social style of gaming. As someone who doesnā€™t have the time to keep up with Misclicks and all the roll20 stuff it should be fun to see these guys in action in the best environment.

1 Like

As in the OP, itā€™s because of the GLOW theme.

1 Like

What is the GLOW theme?

Ok, that makes senseā€¦ not a style Iā€™m into, but at least the cast choice makes sense.

The only thing I hope for is for the cast members to be somewhat knowledgeable of the wrestling world as I think that will make it much more enjoyable. A good inspiration to draw from could be Southpaw Regional Wrestling or Max Landisā€™ ā€œWrestling Isnā€™t Wrestlingā€

1 Like

I think the all-female cast is mostly due to the new netlix show ā€˜GLOWā€™ being the inspiration for this one shot. At least thatā€™s how it sounds. While I would definitely prefer to see Zeke on this show due to how perfectly he fits the theme I would typically want to see, I trust that Adam will have a theme in his head that will be enjoyable even if it differs wildly from what I was expecting.

Being somewhat familiar with the roll20 content, Iā€™m pretty sure that elf and bluejay will put out a great performance, they mesh well together and have some really funny character interactions even when I donā€™t always enjoy their actual characters. I havenā€™t seen anything from the other half of the cast, but I canā€™t think of a single example of JP picking anyone actually bad, so I really doubt they will disappoint in any way.

Regardless of all that, Iā€™ve been wanting a rollplay take on this ruleset since adam mentioned it ages ago (I think it might have even been 2yrs ago), so I was pretty pumped for this before I even looked at the cast.

5 Likes

Hey Adam, I was just wondering where youā€™ll be drawing your inspirations from besides GLOW?

the game itself, mostly. old memories of wrestlemania from the 80s also.

1 Like

I donā€™t know much about any of the guests on the show. My one hope is that at least one of them is a wrestling fan.

This is pretty cool. If Adam is drawing from the old days of wrestle-yore, I think itā€™d tickle the inner child of me who once thought wrestling was actual sports sports and not sports entertainment. That and I think R.Mika is kinda cool.