itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

NEWS & Discussion : RollPlay One Shot - Tales from the Loop ( June 3rd 2017)

1985 - Robertson Davies, What’s Bred in the Bone; Morley Callaghan, Our Lady of the Snows; Loverboy, Lovin’ Every Minute of It; Rush, Power Windows
1986 - Triumph, The Sport of Kings
through mid-year 1987 - Bryan Adams, Into the Fire; Michael Ignatieff, The Russian Album; M. T. Kelly, A Dream Like Mine

Other tid-bits - Tom Cochrane and Red Ryder played in Thunder Bay at the Fort Williams Gardens in August of that year (http://www.tomcochrane.info/pasttour/pasttour_1987.php). There were probably rumors in late 1987 about Motorhead coming to Thunder Bay in February of '88. I’m sure the new Rush album due in September of 1987, Hold Your Fire, was being discussed.

1988 Thunder Bay Skate Camp - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGhzQvX59Pc

2 Likes

Top Gun happened in 1986, same year that Knight Rider ended if I remember right.

1 Like

1986 was also THE year if you’re playing a metalhead of the thrash-ilk.
Megadeth - Peace sells …but who’s buying
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Voivod - Rrröööaaarrr (bonus Canada points)
Sodom - Obsessed by cruelty
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Slayer - Reign in Blood

I want to go back in time and tell my one year old self that I’m missing out on some awesome stuff and hand me a studded denim vest

1 Like

OMG REIGN IN BLOOD

Christ now I absolutely have to include a metalhead NPC

5 Likes

1986 was quite the year for movies as well.

Some examples:

Aliens
Platoon
Big Trouble in Little China
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Labyrinth
Top Gun
Crocodile Dundee
The Fly
The Three Amigos
Little Shop of Horrors
Short Circuit
Flight of the Navigator
Star Trek IV (the one with the whales)
The Golden Child
Transformers: The Movie

oh…and Howard the Duck

2 Likes

Big Trouble in Little China? If only Jesse Cox was playing lol.

1 Like

Wstching Adams GM prep. I love how roleplay worlds make your brain creaye different stories and scenarios. I was thinking the GM could be the student counsleror who you can see if you get trouble in your normal life, they can help you but it could also lead more troubles eg. home arrest, breaking up the group etc. So the counsleror would be only adult you can talk to but it has cost. This is almost same as the game rules but kinda makes the counselor more magical.

(student counselor is magical creature for me because i went to school when there was depression and tjose kind of services were reserved for really troubled kids eg. Who tried to set school to fire or hurt teachers)

Updated the first post with this information as well
Youtube Playlist | Link to the Twitch Vod

1 Like