itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

New Rollplay Scheduling

With Nebula Jazz now moving to a start time several hours later and CoS seemingly staying at the new 2 hours later start time, I’ll be stopping my sub this month (would have been my 12 month) and my patreon.
I appreciate scheduling these shows is difficult and when every cast member is US based it’s hard to get an EU friendly timetable down, but i can’t justify paying for a service that is making it harder and harder to make use of.

With Nebula Jazz now moving to a start time several hours later and CoS seemingly staying at the new 2 hours later start time, I’ll be continuing my sub this month (will be my 37 month) and my patreon.
I appreciate scheduling these shows is difficult and when every cast member is US based it’s hard to get an EU friendly timetable down, but i can justify paying for a service that still is worth its money.

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

it sucks, but tbh i dont remember the last time i watched a full episode of any rollplay all live anyway, at most, even when it is an eu friendly time, i watch hr 1 and then catch up after the fact. I might drop the sub and move towards youtube vods, but I’ll definitely keep the patreon.

More generally, I would assume that JPs biggest audience is in the US, so I fully understand why they want to hit 6EST or later for all the shows, lets people get home from work on the east coast at least

Surely now is a good time to have a sub so you get access to the full VODs?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve watched almost all Nebula Jazz and CoS live but with these new schedules I can’t anymore, which is super disappointing. I’m not EU but I’m 1.5 hours ahead of eastern time so NJ won’t start until 10:30PM and not end until 2:30AM my time, on a weeknight that’s just totally not doable for me. Even CoS later start time has meant I’ve had to miss the last hour more often than not lately.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I just don’t find watching VoDs nearly as fun as live.

Not the OP, but I get the sentiment.

If it’s not live, I can wait for Youtube just fine. Doesn’t help that I really don’t care that much for either show.

Damn! From 2am to 6am my time? Which means 3 to 7 for most of Europe… Nebula Jazz definitely became unwatchable live. It’s a pity, gonna have to lose that live experience.

It’s a bummer but I’d rather watch the VoD the day after if it means having a consistent schedule each week.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve stopped watching live a while ago, it’s just not feasible for EU time zones, now even less than before. but I’ll still gladly support on sub and Patreon as long as there are shows that interest me. I just hope that Nebula Jazz S2 will be good, as I do not care about CoS or one shots at all.

I would personally be completely fine with these changes IF JP then went and uploaded all 4 parts of the show to youtube, gave the patrons a link to all 4 and then left bits 2 - 4 unlisted till their normal upload times, so the patrons would at least have the opportunity to watch it all in a go without having to have both a subscription to the twitch channel, and being patrons. That being said, I will continue to be a patron, but fuck this sucks, NJ was the only show I watched live, as I’ve grown to find that I just can’t sit through 4 straight ours of D&D it just bores the shit out of me. It wouldn’t be if Blades was still running, but oh well…

I almost never catch the shows live anymore because of my work schedule (America, but I don’t have a 9-5~, and some shows still overlap with that standard schedule anyway). It’s always been impossible for a lot of people.

That’s the chief reason why I subscribe to the channel - vod access.

I appreciate the reasoning. Catching a show late every week is much better to me than not having any show at all for weeks at a time because of the weekend con/other traveling they’re always doing. Vod content or no content is pretty much all I get.

But that’s just me. Vote with your wallet, cause it matters where we spend our money.

I’d advocate EU-friendly rebroadcasts if there was a demand for them.

1 Like

This I started with Mirror Shades and it was at this time slot. Brings back good memories.

It can be scheduled any hour of the day as far as I’m concerned. If i miss it I’ll catch the vod. Not a big deal at all.

I also only watch VOD, living in Scandinavia (I’m no EU person) I can never watch them live. But I knew this going into it and for me it’s about supporting the creator(s) just as much as supporting the content. That is why I am subbed to JP and Adam on twitch and I also love the behind the scenes and post talk episodes they do on patreon.

I do only watch CoS, only show that really interests me, but I want them to make shows that many others may like that I do not!

I do hope they bring in another GM/DM or two with new casts to get even more content and shows for us fans to watch.

1 Like