itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Nebula Jazz character creation is up for patrons!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/7708830

This show’s already hilarious and it hasn’t even premiered yet. #Jizzmaster

I’ve heard about Fate, but never looked into it ever before. My first impression: Dogs in the Vineyard character design mentality. And I love it. This cast really know hows to embrace unique characterization.

Same with me, the system seems like it’ll be great for this cast since they are silly and out there. I can’t wait. #EverybodyHatesALizardman.

I’ve looked into Fate before because there’s a variant for The Dresden Files. Though that was not Fate accelerated (though a variant of that is apparently available for KS backers). Relied heavily on stunts and a few other bits I believe. Its an… intriguing system that I’m not 100% sold on. The idea of things going a bit Gonzo seems somewhat… inherent.

The idea of the “compels” always made me extremely hesitant about the dynamics at the table. I appreciated Adam’s description of the “If the other players think your Compel is total bullshit, we can negotiate something a little different”. It goes a long way in helping it.

Really interesting to see how crazy the Fate Point economy gets (especially w/ 3 of them being used to Destiny points already)

I think running another point type game is a good idea for them since they have experience with FFG Star Wars now. I think we’ll also get some really funny stuff out of them with the ‘compels’. I think Adam will keep things reigned in if it gets too out of hand.

1 Like

big part of my job - keeping creative direction. i’m super excited!

2 Likes

Yeah! I think that open improvisation leads to gonzo chaos, so picking a setting and situation that supports the kind of play I expect was a thing worth aiming for. I think that playing with people you trust is a big deal, and Compels can be abused but if you play with your friends and aren’t scared to say “try it another way” then you’re good to go.

2 Likes

Cool, I’m new to Fate but it looks like an interesting system if you have the right group. It almost feels like you’re playing with English as much as you’re playing with Dice and it certainly feels like there’s a bit of overlap with what we got in the Star Wars games in terms of encouraging group interaction. Am hype etc.

Oh, and any character that ties into a Futurama episode gets a thumbs up from me.

Character creation was pretty entertaining and the cast is excellent ofc. I personally hope that the show wont turn out as “silly” as Mirrorshades was, but thats just personal preference.

Such a fun character creation video. Can’t wait for the show. :itmejphype:

Just saw the patreon jazz video and I must say I allrdy like the idear of this show. I would love to see an episode swing in the direction of one of my old favorit tv shows “red dwarf” especialy with focus on Rimmer “the world loves a bastard” dear god it could be epic beond anything.