itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Mystery Teaser Tweets

I’m curious how deep into the lore we’re going. Grammaticus isn’t surface level 40k lore. Maybe a new guest DM, too?

Grammaticus is a tick of 40K lore, not quite “surface” material, but not relevant enough to be core material either. Especially since he became mortal and a prisoner of the Cabal.

But if we’re talking actual lore and not a 40K skinned mrdr hobo simulator like Dark Heresy, the Inquisition was not founded until shortly after the Emperor’s entombment on the Golden Throne when the High Lords of Terra stood over his corpse and said “how do we spin this?”

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I’m doubtful it’s during the Heresy. But anyway, here’s hoping we get the announcement soon.

Could the “Inquistor Dorgun” be a misspell of Drogan?

So, I just noticed this: http://itmejp.com/event/special-announcement/

Check the time.

And a week later: http://itmejp.com/event/special-4-17-2017/

3 Likes

Possibly. But I feel that’s doubtful. Honeslty, a lot of how this turns out, will be dependent on how adherent they want to be to the 40K background.

tehehe :itmejpsoon: :itmejpgg:

3 Likes

wow, I never associated the announcement to the RollPlay mystery tweets. I thought it was something to do with a sponsored stream (ff14) :itmejpfml:

1 Like

So I guess we should be discussing if it is an announcement today, or if it’s a pilot episode.

Totalbiscuit said on at least one of is streams recently that he was interested in GMing a 40K one shot and wanted JP to produce it…

3 Likes

I have been demoted to traffic duty :itmejps: :stuck_out_tongue:

Geoff mentioned that he’s been petitioning JP to let him DM a 40k RPG, so that’s also a possibility.

Not gonna lie. I’d prefer TB as a GM because he felt more immersive of the 40K universe, but I feel like the whole “Johnny G” points towards Geoff. Or someone else.

It’s the accent, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Really though they both know enough of the lore to do a good job. It’d probably be more of an issue finding 3 other players with the same level of exposure to it.

Well, actually it’s more like that the way they struck me in their playthrough of Dark heresy is that(and I could be wrong), Geoff’s knowledge of the lore comes from Codexes, Index Astartes articles, basically the Games Workshop published background material. Which, don’t get me wrong, is a perfect place to learn 40K background. Especially since that is where the background comes from.

But TB seemed to have a more in depth knowledge of the lore that I’ve associate with someone who has read the novels and short stories as well.

I’d expect both to be able to tell me things like, what happened when Hive Fleet Behemoth attacked Macragge, or a rough accounting of the 12th Black Crusade.

But I think TB would also be able to tell me about Ahriman’s mind palace, or Cyrene of Monarchia, because those are things that exist in the Black Library novels and it seems like he has read those.

Like I said, I could be wrong about that; those are just my impressions.

But since roleplaying to me is a form of proxy living in the narrative, I would prefer TB because it seems like he could create a more in depth and true feeling of 40K than Geoff can.

1 Like

He wot. :itmejphype:

2 Likes

TB GM 100%

Mon-Kiegh is a term used by the Eldar (40k space elves) as a dergotory term for humanity. Its something 40k

I hope people don’t accidentally get “overhyped” about the idea of TB (or Geoff) GM-ing a 40k one-shot, and it turns out to not be true. Also, from what I’ve heard from TB whenever he talks about 40k, I wouldn’t expect too much out of him when it comes to the extreme edges of lore - he’s definitely read a lot of the novels and has a strong working familiarity with the meatier elements, but people shouldn’t get mad if he isn’t perfectly in tune with the current canon (If he is GM-ing).

Fortunately, it seems like we’re getting the official announcement later today, so we’ll see.

*Woot! It’s Geoff.

Well, I mean, the current canon is the same canon, so not much there to worry about.

To me, what would make a good 40K gm is someone who can capture the authenticity of the atmosphere. Like calling lights “lumens”, or communicators “voxes”. The little details.

You don’t necessarily have to know the difference between a Gal Vorbak or an Unburdened, or why Night Lords are not the Raptor Legion to be able to do that.

I mean shoot, as long as you can nail the little details and know the broad strokes of the lore, I could be happy with a gm who doesn’t know the difference between a Black Legionnaire or a Son of Horus.