itmeJP Community

Mystery Teaser Tweets

rollplay

(of many names, most of them Grumpy) #41

Could be a family within a clan

(Olf_Himself) #42

Seems to be Dark Heresy maybe? New tweet talks about Inquisitors.

(Twitch: Bitghost_) #43

Warhammer? I'm not familiar but googling terms hits on 40K stuff.

(Possibly Batman) #44

40K confirmed??

(Kol_Saresk) #45

Yeah Mon-Keigh seals that deal unfortunately.

(VyRe40) #46

For those that don't know: Mon-keigh is the Eldar (Aeldari) word for humans. So, that's pretty 40k.

Johnny G is John Grammaticus.

(banned) #47

This is Horus Heresy level material.

Grammaticus is a perpetual, an unkillable depending on the age...although that was well before Dark Hersey was ever set in either version of the games.

Both games taking place in the 41st Millenium and Grammaticus was last heard of in the 31st millenium. He was supposed to end up setting events in motion to get Vulkan killed, but...well that obviously didn't happen.

Never heard of Dorgun before though in...well anything.

Mon-Keigh however seals the deal of universe.

Still unknown on which game.

Possible game setup. The group are working for the Cabal, a shadowy Xeno organization that utilizes Farseeing techniques to divine the future and who actively work to make the futures they want a possibility. Basic level Illuminati stuff. They obviously work heavily with the Eldar for their psychic aptitude at Farseeing techniques.

If Grammaticus is a matter to worry about then it's got to be set during the HH, because that's when the Cabal conscripted John (his first name) into service.

The one they cannot see might be referring to a Culexis Assassin, an Untouchable/Blank. They can't be divined upon because they have no warp presence.

No idea which sword they're talking about though.

If they're going 40k it'll likely be easiest for them to do Dark Heresy 2nd Edition. And this of course obviously being set in a different place/time than Rollplay: Dark Heresy.

(VyRe40) #48

The inquisition wasn't explicitly active in the Heresy though. Just the precursors to the organization. The implication may very well be that Grammaticus is still alive and active post-Heresy, since he technically hasn't died in official lore (but the game obviously wouldn't be canon in that case).

(banned) #49

It depends how far into the 31st Millennium we're getting into. The final legs of the Heresy were still taking place as the Inquisition was formed.

(VyRe40) #50

I'm curious how deep into the lore we're going. Grammaticus isn't surface level 40k lore. Maybe a new guest DM, too?

(banned) #51

Who knows, we may get Steven and TB back for a oneshot.

I mean no big commitment or anything after all.

Obviously not to continue the old game or anything, but just to do the one shot.

(Kol_Saresk) #52

Grammaticus is a tick of 40K lore, not quite "surface" material, but not relevant enough to be core material either. Especially since he became mortal and a prisoner of the Cabal.

But if we're talking actual lore and not a 40K skinned mrdr hobo simulator like Dark Heresy, the Inquisition was not founded until shortly after the Emperor's entombment on the Golden Throne when the High Lords of Terra stood over his corpse and said "how do we spin this?"

(VyRe40) #53

Yeah, that's why I'm doubtful it's during the Heresy. But anyway, here's hoping we get the announcement soon.

(Flyingphish) #54

Could the "Inquistor Dorgun" be a misspell of Drogan?

(VyRe40) #55

So, I just noticed this: http://itmejp.com/event/special-announcement/

Check the time.

And a week later: http://itmejp.com/event/special-4-17-2017/

(Kol_Saresk) #56

Possibly. But I feel that's doubtful. Honeslty, a lot of how this turns out, will be dependent on how adherent they want to be to the 40K background.

tehehe :itmejpsoon: :itmejpgg:

(Might be Captain Marvel) #58

wow, I never associated the announcement to the RollPlay mystery tweets. I thought it was something to do with a sponsored stream (ff14) :itmejpfml:

(Kol_Saresk) #60

So I guess we should be discussing if it is an announcement today, or if it's a pilot episode.

(mediengestalt) #61

Totalbiscuit said on at least one of is streams recently that he was interested in GMing a 40K one shot and wanted JP to produce it...