itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Mystery Teaser Tweets

Seems to be Dark Heresy maybe? New tweet talks about Inquisitors.

Warhammer? I’m not familiar but googling terms hits on 40K stuff.

40K confirmed??

1 Like

Yeah Mon-Keigh seals that deal unfortunately.

For those that don’t know: Mon-keigh is the Eldar (Aeldari) word for humans. So, that’s pretty 40k.

Johnny G is John Grammaticus.

1 Like

The inquisition wasn’t explicitly active in the Heresy though. Just the precursors to the organization. The implication may very well be that Grammaticus is still alive and active post-Heresy, since he technically hasn’t died in official lore (but the game obviously wouldn’t be canon in that case).

I’m curious how deep into the lore we’re going. Grammaticus isn’t surface level 40k lore. Maybe a new guest DM, too?

Grammaticus is a tick of 40K lore, not quite “surface” material, but not relevant enough to be core material either. Especially since he became mortal and a prisoner of the Cabal.

But if we’re talking actual lore and not a 40K skinned mrdr hobo simulator like Dark Heresy, the Inquisition was not founded until shortly after the Emperor’s entombment on the Golden Throne when the High Lords of Terra stood over his corpse and said “how do we spin this?”

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I’m doubtful it’s during the Heresy. But anyway, here’s hoping we get the announcement soon.

Could the “Inquistor Dorgun” be a misspell of Drogan?

So, I just noticed this: http://itmejp.com/event/special-announcement/

Check the time.

And a week later: http://itmejp.com/event/special-4-17-2017/

3 Likes

Possibly. But I feel that’s doubtful. Honeslty, a lot of how this turns out, will be dependent on how adherent they want to be to the 40K background.

tehehe :itmejpsoon: :itmejpgg:

3 Likes

wow, I never associated the announcement to the RollPlay mystery tweets. I thought it was something to do with a sponsored stream (ff14) :itmejpfml:

1 Like

So I guess we should be discussing if it is an announcement today, or if it’s a pilot episode.

Totalbiscuit said on at least one of is streams recently that he was interested in GMing a 40K one shot and wanted JP to produce it…

3 Likes

I have been demoted to traffic duty :itmejps: :stuck_out_tongue:

Geoff mentioned that he’s been petitioning JP to let him DM a 40k RPG, so that’s also a possibility.

Not gonna lie. I’d prefer TB as a GM because he felt more immersive of the 40K universe, but I feel like the whole “Johnny G” points towards Geoff. Or someone else.

It’s the accent, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Really though they both know enough of the lore to do a good job. It’d probably be more of an issue finding 3 other players with the same level of exposure to it.