itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Max Replies and Likes

I have apparently reached the max replies and max likes for one day.
Any way to increase this? I like to talk and be part of the community.

10 replies
50 likes

Screenshots
Screenshot

Edit: Yeah, it won’t let me reply to your comment. @ReginaldXIV
I noticed the ranking system while reading the badges, it seems interesting, but I would love to reply to everyone and participate from the get go.

Edit2: I can like more things now, but my replies still come up as maxed out :itmejpwtf: ok, interesting

There’s a user ranking system, you’re a basic user at the moment, not a new user at the moment though. Are you still limited?

1 Like

Yes, Thank you for whatever you did @ReginaldXIV I can reply to more things now! :itmejphappy:

I changed the limits when I saw your post, just forgot to reply to say the issue was “fixed”. We will have to keep an eye on the limits and tweak them as needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, thanks again. The limits are a good idea now that I went back and thought about them.

To be honest, when I first hit the limit, my first thought was one of this being stupid. Now I realize that its basically a temporary limiter for the new people. I’ve been around JP longer than I can remember, but have just lurked until now. Hoping to become a core part of the community and am loving everything so far. Great job making the site awesome!

If you’re hitting the limit and letting us know we’re open to change the trust level. Also if you’re hitting the limit without getting flagged or talked to in a PM you’re doing something right :itmejpbro:

1 Like

Yup, I’m hitting the limit purely by talking in the community. :itmejphappy:

Upped the likes for the time being. Or are you hitting the reply limit?

Basically the defaults for the software presume its a small miserable community who wouldn’t like even if they got a pony for Christmas.

2 Likes

Mainly just hitting the like limit, but I got some more free time this weekend and will probably be hitting the reply limit frequently as well.

The defaults do seem to be very low. I don’t know what software you’re using, but the limits being this low seem to make it out like they’re for a very small community.

Thanks again for all the help with the limits and changing them and such. :itmejphappy:

Thanks for helping stress test the likes and replies :wink: The reply limit is per topic and only appiles until someone replies to you iirc (I’ll have to double check) so you shouldn’t really be hitting the new reply limit I set yesterday unless your spamming. and we are dealing with twitch chat (well person from twitch chat) really so we kind have to expect the friendly spam :slight_smile:

Didn’t actually mean to stress test the system, but your welcome all the same :relaxed:

If the reply limit is per topic and is reset every time someone responds to you, then I might actually not hit it. :itmejphappy: I don’t foresee any spamming out of me as I am normally a quiet person and like to think out my responses carefully before sending.

If anything does come up though, I will be sure to say something immediately.

If me or Daniel (aka TwitchSurgeon ) is about we are bound to fix it, a couple of the mods and JP have the ability to change it but they might not know where the setting is to do so. So pinging either me or Daniel is prob your best way to get our attention to fix it :slight_smile:

The stress test comment is meant with good intentions :slight_smile: The defaults are not really designed for an already existing community. They have to set the defaults to try and balance new communities that will have low usage in the early days and ones like ours. We will try our hardest to get all the niggles ironed out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good, I haven’t noticed anything broken so far. If I do, I’ll make sure to let you or Daniel know.

I realize that stress test comment was meant with good intentions, sorry if I came across as if I was offended or something. Thinking about it, that makes more sense that a small community just being started would have small limits. My only worry now is how the program will hold up when the forum really starts getting flooded and how it will hold up. I’ll make sure to keep an eye out for anything though. :itmejptip:

Didn’t come across that way, in fact I wanted to make sure my comment didn’t come accross that way to you :stuck_out_tongue:

which is why I’m trying to be liberal with the limits. Personally I would rather set them too high and then tweak them down then set them too low and have to keep tweaking them up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol!

This is kind of what I was thinking, after seeing how many people have joined. I think that there’s over 800 users right now, so the limits definitely needed a boost. Hopefully from here, we can start to work on a perfect number of replies and likes and such. :itmejphappy:

Quick stats
Users: 920
Trust level 2 users: 148

1 Like

Damn. Those are some bigger numbers than I was thinking.

Congrats on having the site run so smoothly throughout all of this. :itmejptip:

Is there any way for us to see what trust level our account is rated at? It would be cool if we could see our own levels so we know what our limits are, and see if the quality of our contribution to the community was worth a bump.

1 Like

You can see your trust level by looking at your badges in your profile. I don’t know, or haven’t found a better way to check than that.

1 Like

As @Garklord said it’s sort of says it in your profile card (if you click your avatar in a post). There’s a little man profile icon and next to it, on your for example, it says Basic. That’s the current name of the second trust level after level 0.

We don’t really wan to make it public exactly how you get to the next level but what I can say is that level 1 is based around time. level 2 around time and a bit of interaction. Level 3 around interacting and engaging with the community.

Next week you’ll see a lot of people at level 2 :wink:

2 Likes