itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[LIVE SHOW] Swan Song Live

@AdamKoebel do you plan on ever talking about the timeline stuff in more detail? We missed out on that with Randy and I’d really like to hear all that is/was going on with that. It sounds like the crew, especially Piani & the crystals, really damaged the hell out of the timelines/dimensions and I’d love for you to go more in depth. I know you don’t want to give any real answer about the ending but there are things in your universe that I feel most people would like more info about. A WoW Chronicles but for Swan Song if you will

1 Like

Couple of questions.

1. Was 117 a very on the nose reference to Halo and how Pi was alone for years just like Cortana in Halo 4?

2. Is this the start to a continuing show that’s going to be weekly or was it just a one off

Is a VoD of the mentioned catch up video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huc_KF9Vlrs&t=3m57s) available and if so where (Twitch VoD, YouTube, Patreon/Vimeo)?

^ catch up video is in this tweet

2 Likes

@AdamKoebel Did any new factions pop up during the 117 years? Any chance we can read about them in the gmzine?

@AdamKoebel Will we ever see another series, either in the past, the future, or during the 117 year gap that is in this universe? Even if it is all new characters, I can’t help but to want more from this universe.

In my mind, a mini series thats the rise of the rebellion that takes place after the Swan Song’s disappearance would be really interesting. But there are so many other possibilities that would be great.

Probably, but I didn’t really think about them - I didn’t want the show to introduce anything new, you know? Wanted to focus on the changes to what we already understood. If we ever did a Swan Song the Next Generation I’d probably keep one or two factions and then make a bunch of new ones.

5 Likes

How much of the backstory did you fill Matt in on before the show and during breaks when things would come up during play?

I thought he did an amazing job of feeling like part of the group and taking some of the elements that he may not have been fully aware of and running with them. The whole show was a blast and I want to say thanks to the entire cast and production crew for an awesome job!

I think that was the moment that hit many of us. That made the 117 year jump real. There was so much emotion packed into such a small moment but it let us deal with the reality that something has changed, and everyone is gone.

@AdamKoebel, how long did it take you to do the faction turns for 117 years? haha

Seriously, though, you and the rest of the cast did a fantastic job of basically encapsulating the entire feel of the series in one 8 hour final episode. It was an amazing capstone to, in my opinion, the best Rollplay show, and one of the best pieces of sci-fi media, period.

Great job, and thank you guys so much for Rollplay and Swan Song.

Great, now I want that too.

7 Likes

I’ve no new comments, just wanted to thank every one of you from JP himself to Aureylian who designed that beautiful set. All of you were amazing.

After I was unable to catch the show live, I had to wait for the VoDs. Waiting was never so hard. Your break cliffhangers are on point ^^

Rarely a good story resonates with me in way that leaves me speechless after it ends. In those cases I just sit and think. Not switching to a different video, not turning on any music; Just silence - and thoughts. This was such a story. I’m thinking about was has been said and what has happend. I’m thinking on the questions and what possible implications they result in. In a way I feel enlightened.

Thank you Adam for posing those final questions. Thank you for creating Asgard Sigma with all its wonders. And thank you JP, wheat, Geoff and Matt (and also Steven) for filling the sector with life. It was an unforgettable journey.

What’s left is nostalgia and the litte spark of hope for The Next Generation (and maybe even Deep Sigma Nine)

Maybe even Voyeur. Because the puns there can go places. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

@AdamKoebel @itmeJP @iNcontroLTV @djWHEAT Just got done with the YouTube VODs - felt so good to watch and was hooked from beginning to end :slight_smile: awesome job.

(On a side note, the writer in me now wants to have a delve into the last 117 years in a potentially parallel Asgard Sigma- maybe one day!)

Main reason for the post - and Matt Mercer touched on it in his shoutouts- there was SO much content in this world that it would have been easy to just have him there to fill the fourth spot, but that didn’t happen.

I think it speaks volumes to him as a role player, the rest of the cast and to Adam for enveloping Matt in the entire show as if he had been there for the previous 50 episodes.

@AdamKoebel how much prep time did you have with Matt and, given time restraints, how much of the lore were you able to bring him up to speed with?

I’d be one of the people very interested in it. The vision of the video message haunts me.

AMAZING!!! Just done with YT VoDs (To poor for twitch this month:(), and HOLY SHIIIIII… Superb job @itmeJP, @djWHEAT, @iNcontroLTV, Matt Nercer, and especially @AdamKoebel. I’ve been a fan of your story telling since episode 1 and everything you touch as a narrator since then.
Just WOW!

If enough traction or want from yourself, would you ever consider writing novels about your universes? Swan Song, Mirrorshades, Court of Swords, anything else you might have conceived but never shared/let see the light of day ?

And a quick shout-out to the “merging” (or intersections or cross relations) of two of my favorite storytellers, @AdamKoebel and Matt Mercer. You guys work really well together (so does the rest of the crew, but ya’ll have known each other awhile. And I think @itmeJP made his own and my dream come true seeing Matt stepping over a couple of times now, to RollPlay.

It’s so bittersweet… THE FEELS!!!

@AdamKoebel that scene hit me hard as well. Everything ends and that is sad for us humans. Loss and oblivion.
I like how this show touched on that sorrow and fear so tastefully so many times during its course.

I am going to miss this universe and characters very very much. I have cried, laughed, and sought relief from depression watching this show. A most heartfelt thank you to all of you: @itmeJP @iNcontroLTV @djWHEAT Steven and Matthew. I can’t justify in words how much this show has moved me, y’all will just have to take my word for it.

A little late to the party but I just finished the episode.

Was there any direct or indirect link between Eriks sacrifice and the final ending?

So, I just finished to binge watch the whole swan song show, because I watched the live show without knowing anything and i’ve loved it. It’s a story filled with emotions that makes you reflects during the whole show about big topics such as contradictions and human relations. In a moment you wonder about the meanings of things and in another it makes you giggle and feel sad and happy and makes you care for the characters so much, it’s amazing.
In the and there is just to say that all of you guys did a wonderful job, @AdamKoebel @itmeJP, @djWHEAT, @iNcontroLTV, Steven and Matt that was playing the point of view that made me able to enjoy the live anyway.

Thank you! :yellow_heart:

here, have some alien animals cracker (that scene made me giggle a lot)

3 Likes