itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

JP and Sous Vide

I have become rather interested in Sous Vide ever since JP started talking about it, and was hoping to find out from JP:

• What made you decide to go for the Anova Precision Cooker over the ChefSteps Joule?
  • What happened to the first Anova that caused you to buy a new one?

I’ve looked at both the phone apps and the Joule seems to be better, but wanted his general opinion before purchasing.

Just tagging @itmejp

Upcoming series on Twitch IRL:
“Will it Sous Vide?”

:daesuppy:

6 Likes

i wont lie i laughed out loud when i saw topic title.

after watching some videos…

meat (steak) gets cooked perfectly. then they take it out, when it’s at best temperature, and throw it into a pan to sear the outside.

why not sear it first, then sous-vide? is it because the pores would close and herbs/butter won’t penetrate?

The Joule app actually has a section for searing first then cook then sear again. It would just allow for more of the meats moisture to stay in thus making it more juicy.

I’m sure to some extent not as much seasoning would get through but I don’t think it would be enough to notice a difference.

Just leaving this here:

I grabbed it because of this thing http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-sous-vide-gear/

1 Like

Pretty sure JP needs to look into this.

this topic is the best

1 Like

If you are not sure if you should get a sous vide cooker, you can try it out in your dishwasher first. I kid you not, did that myself several times.

2 Likes

I’ll give that a read, thanks.

What happened to the first one? Did it just stop working or other reasons, since you ordered a new one.