itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community GOT TALENT! What's yours?

We’ve all seen the RollPlay inspired fan art and music but what we haven’t seen is all the talent that probably is hidden in this community.

For instance I clicked on @grafzhl profile and saw that he had a Soundcloud page, clicked on it, and got to hear some pretty good electronic music.

I would love to hear/see more of what the community here does. Feel free to post links to specific things or profiles where you have your creative outlet.

4 Likes

I can do absolutely nothing for multiple hours per day, thats a talent right?

7 Likes

Do you have link to this “doing nothing all day”? It sounds amazing :itmejpexcite:

2 Likes

I would but it requires effort :itmejpking:

3 Likes

My main jam is GM / game design stuff, but I also do hella photography.

Imgur

5 Likes

I know there’s a lot of aspiring writers out there too, what with all the fanfic stuff over the years.

1 Like

Aaw, so kind :itmejpheart:

I like to believe that I’m also pretty ok with Max/MSP, so if you’re ever planning on doing an interactive AV-installation, let me know :>

1 Like

I’m currently using NaNoWriMo 2016 to write a fan fic novel for Swan Song. Currently 8000 or so words in after a week. It’s all I’m really tweeting about at the moment (www.twitter.com/PEPryce), but once it is done I will be looking to put it up online.

6 Likes

I’m really good at ordering pizza! :pizza:

6 Likes

My mom says i have a great personality. Does that count too?

lol, in all seriousness though, i really like sewing/costume making/cosplay. Here’s an Ezio costume i made for my brother:

http://bitbot2000.deviantart.com/gallery/60892897/Cosplay

2 Likes

I wish you luck - I’ve tried to do nanowrimo multiple times - My lack of an attention span always gets me… highest word count was like 27k.

1 Like

Amazing to see all the hidden talent within the community! I myself am a video game designer and producer, I also do game design for board games and TTRPGs if I have an interesting idea for one, or want to try my hand at it. I am not apart of a AAA company or indie studio as of yet, so am kind of a free agent in that regard.

But yeah that’s my hidden talent.

4 Likes

My talent is being exceptionally good at not having talent.

1 Like

2 Likes

I would say writing is my talent, I like to write story lines, back story for character/ worlds, and just my view point of the world in my eyes.

3 Likes

Most of you probably know about the fact that I make music, not really hidden I suppose.

I just came here to say that I really like your music @grafzhl

Found out through this thread actually, keep it up. It’s great. Good find there @TwitchSurgeon

7 Likes

I sing a lot. Maybe could’ve made money off it, cover-singer style? Mostly I sing show-tunes/pop, but I do orient primarily onto folk/power metal for listening purposes.

I also do just a little bit of writing. I’ll take odd character concepts, specific lines of dialogue, and other odd things and try to write a story out of them. As an example, I wrote some fanfiction for the A Song of Ice and Fire subreddit a few years ago (they changed it afterwards to more debate-oriented based on George R.R. Martin’s thoughts on fanfiction). The whole thing was supposed to be pitting the best Fighter against the best Player of the ASOIAF world, and I wrote for the finale of the tournament. Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1le96p/spoilers_all_tournament_the_finals_vote_battle/

Now to relive the agony of one’s own past writing…ugh.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have been editing the past few months so its been a good change of pace. PLus the source material is of a very high standard lol

1 Like

Hi guys, I am part time painter. Rollplay has been amazing to me, the best thing to listen to while painting or drawing. As a thank you to JP for the amazing hours of fun, I had a blast making a little oil portrait of him a while ago.

17 Likes

How in the absolute fuck is this not hanging above jp’s fireplace.

7 Likes