itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Help me help Max help Berg

Hey all,

So I would just like to make a request to all in chat, as I don’t think Max read this forum (?):

Tell Max about “Savage attack”, its on page 41 in the PHB.

Savage Attacks. When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.”

I’m in EU so I can’t watch live and therefore write in chat during episodes and they keep forgetting the extra die. :slight_smile:

If there is some rule that I forgotten were “Savage attack” don’t apply for a Barbarian I ofc apologies.

Not sure if Max will continue with Berg but I really hope he does, it’s a great character if not as well “rolled” as Volnach.

I love the show and all that @itmeJP and @AdamKoebel creates! Keep it up!

1 Like

Yeah, I pointed this out in a different thread already. Its an important rule/feature to remember for sure, granted that Max chose a multi-attack skill route for Berg. Combo of multi-attack plus reckless attack plus the extra crit die is pretty potent.

2 Likes

This is basically something that should be coded into Max’s weapon whenever he crits. Berg has been swapping weapons out a bit and probably doesn’t know how to go into his weapon settings and add another dice to the crit damage.

It might be best to direct this at Adam, since I believe he’s the one who goes and changes any of that stuff in the sheets due to his familiarity with Roll20.

1 Like

While implementing it in Roll20 would be legit, I honestly dont believe that it is Adams job to remember features like these.

2 Likes

The age old DM conundrum:

Player:" So I cast fireball. How does that work again?"

DM: “You tell me, you’re the wizard.”

Player: “rules tl;dr”

4 Likes

Yeah but the players are used to a lot of automated features of Roll20, which includes crits. That’s something that should be represented when he puts in his race on the character sheet but it’s not quite at that level of automation yet, so people who know how to maneuver the sheet should put it in.

It’s also just a good idea to streamline the show. Having to spend an extra 30 seconds putting in the right crit die roll seems like the worse of the two options.

1 Like

I would agree that this is something that I think @AdamKoebel has automated from the start BUT I still believe that it’s up to the player to remember and know the rules that they use. I do however thing that is this case Max hos no idea that this is in fact a rule and then it becomes the GM’s role to at least give the player a heads up. But thats just my 5 cents.

It did come up in chat, but I remember at least one of those crits was a ranged attack (when he was low and didn’t want to dive in). I believe the crit rules on that feature only apply to melee.

1 Like

Correct! The latest crit was with the “blowgun” and that would not apply. But I don’t think “Savage attack” has been used by Max or Adam after the rustmonster that “killed” Bergs weapon.