itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Get it on Twitch!

Twitch just announced Get it on Twitch! .
You will be able to buy games straight of the casters page. You even get crates with emotes,badges,bits and more from them.
What do you people think of this?

Well, Twitch is owned by Amazon, So i can see why they won’t go to steam or GoG(Unless the streamer himself does it)
Im not sure what to think of the feature yet myself. Crates are a fun thing, I would love to see those in general(maybe for subs too? Or when you have multiple subs).
Gonna wait for the release and than see if its annoying in anyway, Else i will just not care about it:P

Yeah, i most likely wont use this service either because of the amazon account that’s needed. Their payment options are limited for me.

It does say that you can download the games through existing services. So it might be like Conan Exiles where you can buy it direct from the website and then download through Steam. I believe Eve Online does the same thing.

Oh i kinda expected them to just give you a code(or something) and than you can add that to steam, PS4 or xbox?

I know that I’ve bought games from Amazon before and they gave me Steam codes, but that was a while ago.

Another thing about marketplace sources - you can’t get Nintendo, PS4, and X1 games on Steam and the like, so Twitch facilitating the Amazon marketplace opens them up to PC and console.

man, the more things twitch announces the more i believe twitch has no clue what its supposed to be…or maybe amazon doesnt know what twitch is supposed to be.

Haha probably. Still I like that they’re at least doing something and it’s in the feel of Amazon to pretty much just do it and see what happens. It’s the Amazon way.

I can’t say I like this. Not because of the service itself, I really couldn’t care less. But because streamer is getting a revenue from the sale. I know that is kinda the point and I’m all for supporting casters, but there is also a problem with it. Now if somebody praises and recommends a game is it because they really love it? They are literally getting a cut if they “sell” it to viewers. I’m not saying we’re gonna see a flood of sale pitches now on Twitch but are some people gonna be maybe less critical?

This going on in Youtube world for some time now, when people get affiliate links/discount codes for products they are talking about. It’s kinda getting bad rep becase few people start to really milking it. I just don’t want this to happen on Twitch.

1 Like

One thing i started wondering about, Will streamers potentially get less sponsors because of this?

1 Like

My first thought: [spoiler](I’m reading Shakespeare’s Star Wars currently. Sorry)[/spoiler]

“Alloweth us desire this wilt maketh streamers cease endorsing G2A.” :itmejptip::itmejprekt:

1 Like

So how does the Twitch launcher work? Its a client like steam and gog galaxy?

Not sure. They said something about getting a code and being able to download it from other sources, so maybe not. Although I guess they could be hybrid where they do both perhaps?

1 Like

It’s like Steam the same way a paper plane is like a space shuttle. This screenshot shows you the entire functionality it has. There’s literally nothing else, aside from the login screen and a download window when you hit install on something.

1 Like

Yep, dat twitch prime is worth for the free sub and games bro
No steam succes tho