itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

(FIXED) Custom Profile Pics

I see people with custom profile pics, but I didn’t find an option in the settings to upload one. What am I missing?

1 Like

They are using Gravatar as their avatar hosting system. You need to create a Wordpress account, upload a picture to Gravatar and choose the “Gravatar”-option in your avatar settings.

2 Likes

You will need to use the gravatar option in your profile preferences. Under profile picture click the pencil and then click on the orange Gravatar option. It will take you to word press where you can create a login and make a profile picture. Make sure you mark it as rated G :slight_smile:

Let us know if you still have issues. :itmejpheart:

2 Likes

There’s a bug in the system at the moment. @Crosseye_Jack have found the bug but is waiting until the internet is stable again after the DDoS attack on Reddit, Twitter, GitHub etc.

Uploading the avatar should be ready soonish. The next step after that is the ability to pull in your Twitch avatar… but one step at a time :itmejpbro:

5 Likes

Aye, its fixed on my local build of the site. It will be fixed soon :slight_smile: the site will need some downtime to fix it. and I want to do it in the morning UK time.

As @TwitchSurgeon said their has been a large scale DDOS attack on some DNS upstream providers today and knowing our luck github will die just as i’m rebuilding the site and mess everything up for me. Thats why I want to do it in the morning my time so I got plently of leeway in hitting the restore button if it does mess up :slight_smile:

NOTE TO SELF: The orange reply button at the bottom… The orange reply button…

3 Likes

I see, thanks for the answers everyone! I thought it was an account rank thing.

4 Likes

/me demotes @AthleonGaming and force sets their avatar to a pic of cheesecake Muhahahahahha…
I mean @Tahkai11 did it…

4 Likes

@Etherealizer don’t worry about repeating questions there’s no downvotes here :itmejpheart: . As an update we’re soooo close right now to fixing the bug with uploading avatars.

1 Like

As an update. found the issue with uploading of avatars. I’m going to have to take the server offline for a while to fix it.

Going to do that in about 30 mins.

2 Likes

Uploading custom Avatars should be fixed.

2 Likes

Fun fact, gifs work. I custom uploaded mine after I got the “Basic” badge.

1 Like

Yeah I turned it on while messing around with stuff and forgot to turn it off :stuck_out_tongue: if it gets too annoying we might turn them off.

2 Likes

:itmejpsenpai: plz, I need my shia

Thank you Crosseye_Jack :itmejptip: