itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

(FIXED) Clicking links/threads should(could?) open them in new tabs

If there is one thing i liked about reddit, It was that i could click a bunch of threads on the sub and read them all later but currently here click threads opens it in the same tab, Same goes for links, Would it be possible to give an option to make these open in new tabs?

In my opinion
https://twitter.com/itmeJP Should open in a new tab and not make you leave the community site.
Opening a thread should open it in a new tab and not make you go back and forth all the time.

But thats just my opinion and im not sure if its possible

Thanks for reading!
(Wrote this at 3am so some stuff might be spelled wrong :slight_smile: )

MOD EDIT: I changed the option for all existing users to open links in new tabs, new sign ups should auto default to open in new tabs too. To change the behaviour back there is an option in your user prefs labelled “Open all external links in a new tab”, untick that and save your settings.

2 Likes

I think I saw an option for it somewhere. I’ll look into it again.
You on CEST time as well? It’s too damn late and I’m watching Channel Zero :itmejpsoul:

1 Like

So clicking that link does open in a new tab for me. So I’m sure I selected something in my user profile. I’ll see if I can make that default… since it really should be default.

1 Like

Found the user option to auto open the links in new tabs^^, Now just for threads! thanks for that tip though
yeah im on cest too XD

1 Like

I think the reason why there’s no option for that is since this site is dynamic. That means that I could pretty much see you update your post in real time while I was writing this response. I will look into it and maybe there’s a queue plugin of some sort.

1 Like

I’ve now enabled to open in a new tab for external link by default at least.

1 Like

I’m sure that option is the default for new users and won’t change for existing users. I might change the option for all users and make a post about it telling people how to change it back.

All being well that will be in the “late morning” UK time as its 4:30am right now, I should sleep but finding it hard to drag myself away from the computer. Basically when I get up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Middle click people, middle click. Unless you’re browsing from mobile or something, in which case it makes sense to change the default.

1 Like

Should be changed now.