itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Feedback on our monthly Patreon RollPlay magazines

Since I’m part of the tier I can directly respond to it here. Also feel free to direct questions/suggestions at @AdamKoebel and @OneSevenDesign on what we can do with the format and content.

2 Likes

I’ve been super-happy with the 'zines so far. They’re super-informative and are really helpful for pulling the world together, particularly for Court of Swords.

If I were to suggest anything, I’d like some sidebar commentary from Adam on certain topics from a GM-meta standpoint; what each NPC he creates is supposed to do in terms of interacting with the party/story, why kobolds? And obviously to avoid spoilers we may have to wait for breakdowns, but I would love a blurb from Adam about Captain Plum and what he was hoping to do with that character, or why he chose kobolds to be rooting around the hillsides. Maybe a little more of a look at the motivations of the man behind the curtain, rather than just the broad strokes.

I would like to ask you a question. In the last issue we had the little spoiler tag thing, was that good enough as a spoiler warning?

I’ll echo Jabba-the-space-gangster here, we mostly expect a certain amount o f spoilers from these, and brave at our own risk. I just don’t want to even get close to denying Adam his sexy-sexy drama and reveals.

Put another way, I love looking back and understanding the mastery behind the design afterwards, but I don’t wanna know that Darth Vader is Luke’s dad before I get to experience THE SCENE, ya know?

Me, personally, as someone who is behind on the current shows because I’m still catching up on all the previous shows, I’m okay with spoilers, I expect it because current events and all.

That said, there are always people who think they should be warned, so I feel like the literal Big Red Flag is good for those people. It catches attention and if they choose not to read it, but then complain about spoilers later, they have to do so knowing that they chose not to read the spoiler warning.

Kind of like if there was a thread about Ehbon, or DnD Season 1. Haven’t watched them up, but if I were to go into those threads knowing that they talking about shows that are years old, any “spoilers” are on me, not them. I have no right to go in and start saying “Use spoiler tags guys! Ugh!” It’d be like talking about the first Harry Potter book(book, not movie), or the very first edition of the Hobbit when Azog was a one-liner about an Orc that Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain killed while they were roaming, or Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader, etc.

So for the Court of Swords, Blades, and “current”(recently done) One Shots, and eventually the sci-fi show, Yeah, I think the Big Red Flag works for “Hey Dummy! Read this!”

My only thing would be “more GM thoughts and goodies”, not because I don’t think there’s enough(there certainly is), but because I’m a greedy bastard and I like to see people create worlds and whatnot.

1 Like

We’ll always release one issue per month, though in the case of this month we just released the October issue a bit late - there’ll be another one before the month’s end, too!

This kind of stuff sounds super fun to write - I never know what kind of stuff people like. I’d be into writing more essays and junk about that part of the process for sure.

you got me. i’m an inveterate annoying voice machine.