itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[FAR VERONA E06 // Q&A] snitches get stitches

When Jaycen broke that guys arm…
Hong Lu seems to be growing on him :wink:

@AdamKoebel Back in Mirrorshades and Swang Song there were some great moments set up by having one or more players take their headphones off while others were having a scene of some kind. What do you think about doing this for similar scenes in Far Verona?

For example in Nomi’s scene with Yancy, I wonder if the other players would’ve reacted differently if they hadn’t witnessed it and just asked questions about the missing soldiers afterwards.

I don’t really have much to add, but the past couple of episodes feel like they’ve really hit their groove nicely now. :+1:

Special shoutout this ep to Bronze for Riley’s chirpy facade cracking in her conversation with Booker. It was played it really well and I definitely got that weird ‘bully-induced crushing sense of impotent panic’ from the exchange.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you saw the post show but bronze explained some of the inspiration for the scene and her performance. this whole episode was full of good moments - we’re starting to really see the characters for who they are, I think.

1 Like

Yep, managed to catch up with it now. I remember realising the kind of thing she was pulling from just as the performance was hitting it’s stride and it really blew me away.

I think we’re getting the double payoff of having the show reach the typical half dozen settling in period and having the cast pull from a fairly diverse set of backgrounds. It’s a nice counterbalance to something like Swan Song with its bros in space kinda vibe.

Saying that: man, watching Jayden’s problems play out is sometimes a bit too real for me. :smiley: I know it was the week before but his Lazarus patch gifting to Anne was a soul crushing display of space-British repression!

2 Likes

Terribly sorry you were inconvenienced by saving my life. I hope this Lazarus patch will express my gratitude. Jolly good, Jaycen.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying the dichotomy between this show and Swan Song so much. Yancy especially. That dumpster fire of a person would have been first mate on the swan song by now.