itmeJP Community

[FAR VERONA E06 // Q&A] snitches get stitches

q-and-a
far-verona

(TheJeroenBrouwer) #21

When Jaycen broke that guys arm…
Hong Lu seems to be growing on him :wink:

(Twitch: arielleej) #22

@AdamKoebel Back in Mirrorshades and Swang Song there were some great moments set up by having one or more players take their headphones off while others were having a scene of some kind. What do you think about doing this for similar scenes in Far Verona?

For example in Nomi’s scene with Yancy, I wonder if the other players would’ve reacted differently if they hadn’t witnessed it and just asked questions about the missing soldiers afterwards.

(disusedgenius) #23

I don’t really have much to add, but the past couple of episodes feel like they’ve really hit their groove nicely now. :+1:

Special shoutout this ep to Bronze for Riley’s chirpy facade cracking in her conversation with Booker. It was played it really well and I definitely got that weird ‘bully-induced crushing sense of impotent panic’ from the exchange.

(AdamKoebel) #24

I’m not sure if you saw the post show but bronze explained some of the inspiration for the scene and her performance. this whole episode was full of good moments - we’re starting to really see the characters for who they are, I think.

(disusedgenius) #25

Yep, managed to catch up with it now. I remember realising the kind of thing she was pulling from just as the performance was hitting it’s stride and it really blew me away.

I think we’re getting the double payoff of having the show reach the typical half dozen settling in period and having the cast pull from a fairly diverse set of backgrounds. It’s a nice counterbalance to something like Swan Song with its bros in space kinda vibe.

Saying that: man, watching Jayden’s problems play out is sometimes a bit too real for me. :smiley: I know it was the week before but his Lazarus patch gifting to Anne was a soul crushing display of space-British repression!

(AdamKoebel) #26

Terribly sorry you were inconvenienced by saving my life. I hope this Lazarus patch will express my gratitude. Jolly good, Jaycen.

(profnesbitt) #27

I’m enjoying the dichotomy between this show and Swan Song so much. Yancy especially. That dumpster fire of a person would have been first mate on the swan song by now.