itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[Episode 14 Q&A] Speak of the Devil

Great episode as usual.

Lore Q: Do gods usually interfere or is that a purely mara thing as we’ve seen before?

GM Q: What’s your loot generator? I never know how much random loot to give my party or it takes too long.

Adam, as always, this is seriously the highlight of my week. For 4 hours a week I hate your evil ways and it’s always such a rollercoaster. I guess I don’t have any questions, I just want to gush and say how much fun it is to experience this with you guys and thank you for having us along for the ride.

I seriously do get SO mad at you though cause I want them to survive and do good.

Also, ADAM. That Blacksmith’s door was BROKEN. That door exploded. Berg critted it and it shattered. It was “…twisted off its hinges and thrown to the ground”. Direct quote.

…Did I mention how salty I get when I think they’re all going to die?

2 Likes

I love using the dice to explore new things and when Ramus blashpemed, it wasn’t so much the gods punishing him as much as him blasphemy letting the darkness in.

5 Likes

Thinking back on it, 4~ encounters in a row for 3 low level characters and only enough time for short rests in-between… They’ve come a long way as combat-efficient players.

well thank you, i appreciate that. it’s been forever.

3 Likes

Lore A: The gods barely exist, they have no conscious will. Think of them as a source of energy, more than anything. The thing is though, that’s just what the Courts believe. The Mara love getting their hands dirty.

GM A: http://redkatart.com/dnd5tools/

4 Likes

Is low level D&D really that dangerous or is Adam’s dice rolling just insane? I don’t remember the other shows being so close to deaths Every week my god. If only you could bring those skills to vegas…

I did indeed boost their XP.

3 Likes

It’s both, also I very rarely use encounters that are easier than Hard.

3 Likes

Honestly it’s a combination of the two. Adam finds a crazy awesome balance of these seemingly awful encounters yet there always seems to be just the perfect way that they can make it through. It also doesn’t help that the party does shit like trying to sneak up in stealth with an 11 roll or CONSTANTLY forgetting to use skills and spells and stuff. Imagine how much worse it would be if Adam didn’t remind Max to Rage or Dan wasn’t better read up on JP’s character than JP is (that healing trait he used to heal up in Hyena form may be the only reason they’re alive).

Dan MVP.

1 Like

Great show Dan, Gassy, JP and Adam!

I really can’t wait for the world to go to shit. The darkness comes!

It would be a great story this blasphemy unlocks warlock class for Dan, he is pretty evil. :itmejplol:

How do you usually make your campaign settings? Like the world you use and the genneral history?

And I thought chat was salty last episode. :itmejpoversalt::itmejpoversalt::itmejpoversalt:

Great episode none the less. Question: Would they still have had a chance to get the bracelet back if they took a long rest instead? I assume the guys who had it would have to stop and rest at some point.

1 Like

Definitely check out his website and Youtube channel. He does a show called Office Hours where he dives deep in to his philosophies and stuff on GMing. It’s great stuff.

1 Like

Adams Victory Dance https://clips.twitch.tv/itmejp/JoyousWhalePraiseIt

4 Likes

Holy crap, I was on the edge of my seat the entire episode. I was so scared they’d die again and now I’m exhausted. Awesome episode.

Do you think you’ll ever do a game with late game characters? 15th level on? Because that’s when things get really crazy.

That explosion at the end was actual, for real bullshit, imo. The party was already fucked up and that could’ve done so much damage that it was maybe one or two steps removed from “rocks fall, everyone dies”. :itmejpwtf:

Jp has a max death count in your contract for bonus monies, doesn’t he?

:itmejp10: QQ :adamwizard:

4 Likes