itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[Episode 14 Q&A] Speak of the Devil

Holy crap, I was on the edge of my seat the entire episode. I was so scared they’d die again and now I’m exhausted. Awesome episode.

Do you think you’ll ever do a game with late game characters? 15th level on? Because that’s when things get really crazy.

That explosion at the end was actual, for real bullshit, imo. The party was already fucked up and that could’ve done so much damage that it was maybe one or two steps removed from “rocks fall, everyone dies”. :itmejpwtf:

Jp has a max death count in your contract for bonus monies, doesn’t he?

:itmejp10: QQ :adamwizard:

4 Likes

omg yes this is so good

yeah! thank you!

1 Like

It was a great session as usual. But why didn’t you let the others just ride on Bear Gideon?! I was totally with JP. It should’ve been a thing! lol

Minor detail: when JP changed back to human form from hyena, you mistakenly changed his initiation from 3 to 16. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome since Adam didn’t roll any hit after that though.

Sure, but back in the Blacksmith’s shop they switched the door from broken (Berg Athletics crit) to not broken, so sometimes shit isn’t going to be 100% accurate. It’s super easy to backseat GM (trust me I’ve been doing it too) but if I’m learning anything it’s just to say fuck it and let them do what feels right. They could absolutely introduce a Co-GM to meticulously cover every single rule, but I feel like that would make this whole thing lose a lot of the magic. Nobody is cheating on purpose, and the absolute chemistry of the group is something I’d never want to change. Don’t get me wrong - rules are a good thing. Rules rule. But if it comes down to 1-2 errors in a 4 hour session I guess I can forgive/forget.

Right! I asked JP to check his original roll, but couldn’t find it. Not to worry. :smiley:

Hey adam, Awesome episode.
I was wondering, Why didnt Wester turn into a zombie like the guards did?

Too long dead, perhaps. The scout didn’t either - the Mara were just fucking with the characters, I think…

Added the little lore Q&A to the S1/background wiki page :itmejphi::itmejpgg:

Nice episode, danger, then a little more danger, right into dangerous action, and when everything was find we got some random danger on top.

It’s either that I like the S2 characters more, or that the cast got a little geoffified. They deal with GM horse shit a lot better now, than in “the early days”

:adamhorse::adamgm: :itmejpgmleft::itmejpgmlol::itmejpgmright:

i agree 100% with this, I think it is like Adam said in the episode post discussion. The party has way more utility to work with and also uses the utility way more.

Yeah as I said it’s only a minor detail and didn’t have any impact. It’s just that I wanted to see somebody die since Adam’s murderous GM is too great :smile:

It helps that JP is playing the absolutely optimal character for surviving low level D&D. Lots of cheap healing and wild shape fall off DRASTICALLY in a few levels but is easily the most powerful level 2 thing you can do.

Not that I hope that it will happen, but Adam have you thought about what if the cast die in the live live show? Will they have back up characters set up beforehand?

Again I don’t want the cast to die I really like these characters.

Love this show and the cast, and may I say Adam I laughed so much to your reactions to everytime JP or someone else brings up riding JP in this episode :joy: :heart:

1 Like

Absolutely. I’m pretty happy about this because it lets me go a little more aggro than I might have to otherwise.

I am suggesting to the cast that we make backup characters, just in case we lose someone. Or everyone.

4 Likes