itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E44 Q&A] Darkness Within, Fire Without

annepirism is a dangerous business

9 Likes

Be ready @AdamKoebel ! For if Berg manages to suck The Lord of the House’s soul or whatever it is, it shall only further bring madness upon this party! I’m personally hyped for such an event and i’m pretty sure the rest of twitch chat would love the opportunity too.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for that fated encounter, possibly a final showdown between @AnneMunition and her vampirism … and Berg The Tower.

2 Likes

This isn’t necessarily a “story” or “episode” question, but with the guest arcs, is there ever an anxiety to be like “oh god, we have to finish this like right fucking soon” since they’re of a limited time? Just always curious how it might impact pacing or the way the party plays (especially in the cases of wrenches being thrown into plans and etc.) . Great episode though. Cheers!

Actually, episode question also: do the guards have fancy outfits? I keep picturing flow-y robes with some under-armor and it’s probably not accurate at all.

1 Like

so i’ve been thinking - given some very big lore stuff, this kind of entity they’re fighting is INCREDIBLY dangerous…

[spoiler]given that there are a limited number of souls in the world, total, the creature is taking away the fuel that powers the universe, very very slowly. if they were allowed to multiply, the fountain would go dry and the world itself would just … run out of entities. it would become and empty husk and the gods themselves would die as the prayers dry up.[/spoiler]

fucked up.

6 Likes

Good show tonight, thank you. :itmejpgg:

Few questions:
a) So Ziva being a half-ling vampire capable of detecting other living beings (and possibly more), while also pretty much giving in to her new murderous impulses… Does this qualify her for being a small medium at large? … Kappa

b) Also how’s Ramus’ “soullessness” going? I understand somewhere down the line, he chose to ignore it and get some buff instead. I think Ziva saw some weird s**t with Berg, but she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary with Ramus (or I missed it :itmejpwtf: ).

Hoping/looking forward to see Berg consume the vampire lord’s soul! Cheers! :itmejptip:

3 Likes

Thank you, @AdamKoebel, for creating a story arc as background lore for one of @AnneMunition’s emotes…

3 Likes

Talk about a crazy episode. CoS is always a blast to watch. The players seem more in tune with the Tower than ever before, and I’m really looking forward to seeing more of what lies below the manor.

In regards to Shadow Ziva, what would have happened if she had decided to let the creature die in the womb? Would she be all alone with no-one to learn from or tell her what to do? Or is her shadow self giving her the ability to resist her sire, at least for a time? It’s going to be interesting to see who consumes who’s soul first.

I might not be exactly understanding the question but you might have missed Adam saying that, in contrast to Enoch’s emotionally shifting light and Berg’s refracted crystal-like light, Ziva perceived Ramus as negative space, as a void.

Hey Adam, how does the finite nature of the Fountain, and the souls it is capable of supporting, correlate with the growing population of the world? Assuming that the world, in terms of natural and biological evolution and growth, works more or less similarly to ours.
Is it just the case that that limit is so far from being reached that it wouldn’t be a problem anytime soon given natural population growth, in which case these soul consuming creatures have a long way to go before becoming of utmost concern, or is the Fountain and the world already close to that limit and getting to the point that births would be dependent on deaths?

Another question, this time regarding Ziva. When she appeared there seemed to be some kind of connection between her and some celestial entity that gave her visions. Is there any implication or complication regarding this previous connection that might arise from Ziva being “corrupted” by this entity?

Beautiful episode, by the way :smiley:

1 Like

I’d like to interpret Berg’s dream to mean that it is worth destroying the whole city to destroy the Curse of the House of the Falcon.

What happens if Berg gets the final blow on the vampire lord? Would he absorb his “soul vacuum bag”, so to speak?

What would happen if Ziva were to attempt draining the combined life essence of the undying wereman beast thing?

It’s been said before that the finite number of souls is always the same number so…Population growth isn’t a problem because it’s already done. I think it’s already at the limit

Might be wrong though

1 Like

mhmm! it’s not humans though, it’s all terrestrial entities - all the souls in all the world from insects to humans to tian shi.

3 Likes

I just realized I really like the analogy of Ramus (and possibly Berg) being a crack in The Fountain. But yeah, neat stuff! :slight_smile:

Hello Guys! Great episode as always :itmejpfist:
I just want to ask if there is no post show for 44?
Keep up the good work!

^ This. I’m also very interested in what will happen regarding Ziva’s divine visions.

There was no post show.
Explanation was a combination of Anne having just returned from a flight and the show starting later in the evening.