itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E25 Q&A] Crocodile Rock, Dammit

Remember when rock was young?

6 Likes

Truest bluff their Adam. Not Snake but lizardmen. Great session.

1 Like

I’m curious about that Shaman. Did you roll for his HP, or did you just set it to max to sort of have that mini-boss feeling? Great session, really loved this fight. Was great to see the PC’s doing well for a change!

Everyone was on point this week. It was awesome.

This isn’t Nebula Jazz Adam, I’m not gonna be Blinded By the Light

I set it at max HP so that he’d have some legs!

as long as you’re not ripped up like a douche

JP went ham tonight with those snipes. Dan and Gassy with that armor just taking shots all day without a care in the world. Loved it! I hope someone with some artistic talent can draw that scene. Would make a fantastic poster or t-shirt.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see some Yuan-ti(?) creepiness in the coming weeks. Awesome fight there at then end, was fearing that you would crocinate another paladin, so I’m happy they made it through.

oh thanksssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Adam I am curious as to with every encounter the PCs have with enemies, do you have a set amount of enemies from the start per encounter, or do you throw in more depending on how the fight is going?

That sure was something shocking :itmejplol: It was great seeing a tactical fight like that, really felt the tension. How do you try to prepare fights like that? Do you go for stuff that’s really cool, stuff that’s really challenging, or a balance of the two? Anyways, great show, love Adam and the rest of the cast as always. Keep up the great work guys! <3

I always set the number in advance, knowing what is in the camp, etc.

1 Like

Do you adjust the CR/XP to account for the higher than expected stats? I’m always struggling with adjusting enemies from the books to be a bit more difficult and figuring how much XP they should be worth.

Went through fits once after giving a Hill Giant with a Headband of Intellect spells and trying to figure out where it falls on the CR scale.

I built the map and everything while we were playing out of marketplace assets and using the drag-and-drop stuff from the MM built into roll20. I’m getting pretty good at speed building encounters…

2 Likes

I’ll turn you on sonny to something strong, play the song with the funky break

Good to know! :slight_smile:

I love how they rolled total shit in the beginning and then hit and crit left and right once the fighting started :itmejplol:

@AdamKoebel Are there ever going to be areas in the world that are too high level for the characters to go yet? (E.g. like that one West Marches episode, where the (low level) party ignored a warning of some locals not to go a certain way and walked right into an army of shades that proceeded to rip their souls out.)

1 Like

It seems like the party has a really good mix of classes at the moment? Is that just good rolling ? or do you think the Paladin / Barbarian / Cleric is pretty strong?

I think the entire Devils gang was exactly that – a fight they could not win and were smart to be obsequious to avoid it. Not an area, per se, but something a bit above their paygrade for now.