itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E21 Q&A] Just One More Spider

Time to roll up some Monks, Barbarians, and spellcasters!

Max turns out to be the unknowing genius!

I actually like this since Plate Armor is OP as heck anyhow.

That would actually seem feasible. Speaking from experience, sleeping in kevlar vests is possible, but it’s damn uncomfortable and you definitely don’t feel rested afterwards.

Am I missing something, or shouldn’t Berg, as a half-orc, always add an additional damage die to his crit-rolls? He crit several times this session and didnt roll this enhanced crit. Has this racial feature been removed?

I like it a lot actually. If you don’t mind I’m going to borrow that for my game.

On a side note I appreciate you talking about the rules without getting offended. I know I wouldn’t be able to handle everyone’s opinions. Thanks for all you do.

Yes good catch but I wonder if Roll20 is doing it automatically because Adam configured it to do so and we just don’t realize it. @AdamKoebel does Roll 20 automatically do that when he crits? PG. 41 of the PHB.

I believe 4 was the highest.

I can’t wait to see some higher levels if they can make it and they don’t end up cancelling the show just as its getting good.

Did you feel like Adam was looking right at you when he was talking about ammo? :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to clip the scene starting at 57:54 on this VOD https://www.twitch.tv/itmejp/v/115474211, but it keeps telling me ‘Whoops. Something went wrong. We couldn't create this clip.’ and now I’m sad :itmejps:

I think it has something to do with clipping VoD’s behind paywall. Cant do it myself either

Well, that’s poop. :itmejpking:

If it’s paywall related, could @itmejp clip that himself? Just curious now. Or is that specific VOD kaputt due to the interruption?

Edit: Yeah, tried it on any other VOD… can’t clip on VOD apparently… bummer.

And behind door number 3 … a goat!

Being able to short rest while unconscious is beyond the pale, if the rule is intended to work that way it should say so in published material. I have yet to see a helpful Internet comment on the rules from a designer at wizards and I wonder why they answer rule questions at all tbh it’s a dangerous can of worms.

If the party had rolled like they did vs that spider in a real fight we would have a lot more patreon videos.

Critical damage can be configured for each individual weapon on the SRD5 character sheet. Berg has been swapping his melee weapon so I assume it hasn’t been configured to auto calc.

My favorite quote from this episode is Sean going “Oh boy if my Spider Sense isn’t going off now”, right before they’re attacked by a bunch of spiders.