itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E02 Q&A] A P for a P

Oh I must have missed him saying he had a tougher outer layer! That definitely makes more sense than just shooting a pile of gelatinous sludge XD

There is a type of roll they can make to do that.

The earth being destroyed was a significant galactic event, even though earth was small and kind of irrelevant a lot of people were interested in its weird culture - like a cult tv show going off the air.

2 Likes

Did you mean “mostly harmless”? :itmejphappy:

2 Likes

My apologies if the following was addressed already in-game:

The Fate Point economy seemed wonky in this session, especially in combat. From what I remember, Adam was taking Fate Points spent by the players to invoke aspects (their own, situation, or NPC) and putting them immediately in his NPC pool. As far as I can tell, though, during a scene the NPC pool should only increase if players compel an NPC aspect.

Fate points spent to invoke aspects go to the character affected, but only at the end of the scene. And because the GM’s NPC pool resets every scene, this effectively means that the GM never gets to put Fate Points in their NPC pool as a result of player invokes.

Richard Bellingham’s Fate Point Flow Chart helped me understand where Fate Points go in which situations: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbi3jrl5kf56ug3/Fate%20Point%20Flow%20Chart.PNG.

It does a useful thing that I think resolves a cloudiness in the Fate Core and FAE rules: it divides the GM’s access to Fate Points into 1) an unlimited supply used chiefly for compelling PCs’ aspects and awarding points for concessions and 2) the limited NPC pool, which refreshes at the start of every scene and is used by NPCs to invoke aspects.

1 Like

Ah! You’re right - the Fate points the players and I spend to invoke aspects just go away. Compels are the only transfers between players and GM. Interesting!

1 Like

I think you can check one stress box and/or take multiple consequences. The character who creates your consequence gets one free invocation on that consequence that they can share with their allies.

Source: https://fate-srd.com/fate-accelerated/ouch-damage-stress-and-consequences#what-is-stress

“You can only check one stress box for any single hit, but you can check a stress box and take one or more consequences at the same time. You can’t check a stress box that already has a check mark in it!”

https://fate-srd.com/fate-accelerated/ouch-damage-stress-and-consequences#what-are-consequences

“You can mark off as many [consequences] as you like to handle a single hit, but only if that slot was blank to start with.”
[…]
“And just like situation aspects, the character that creates it (in this case, the character that hit you) gets one free invocation on that consequence. They can choose to let one of their allies use the free invocation.”

I have only seen the first session but I’m digging it. My favorite part is whenever Eugene moves his mouth around to talk to people.

I’m getting a really strong Futurama vibe from the show so far, which is awesome!

2 Likes

very much by design, glad you’re into it!

1 Like

Just finished watching the vod - that was brilliant. Dodger was on fire all episode, UGN must have been really hard to do but she nailed it. And then Granny Eugene was a hilarious moment as well :itmejp10:

I’m particularly enjoying the descriptions of all the NPCs alien-ness. I know you said Saga was an inspiration, and you’ve really hit that vibe in the weird and wonderful species out there.

1 Like

I just wanted to say this is my favorite RollPlay show. Thank you to all involved for it.

@AdamKoebel thank you for the penalty you come up with for Eugene leaving a piece of himself behind. This resulted in such excellent roleplay from @Dexteritybonus.

I would like to imagine that little “Eeee” is out there now peacefully living out his life as a siren

3 Likes

We gonna Mako Astarra of you, yet. :wink:

2 Likes

So Adam… The prince was highly addictive to eat correct?
That would be interesting if Rex ever find the girl… Just saying (A)

Could a hungry sharkanoid resist that delight?

1 Like

@AdamKoebel do you think next episode you guys could do a tldr on the rule set you are using…since on episode 1 you skipped character creation i"m still having a hard time figuring out how the rules worked. I did like that you had them actually list out their stunts etc this episode!

2 Likes

https://fate-srd.com/

The rules under Fate ACCELERATED is what they use.

yeah i know what they are using. I just dont have time to read it all and I’m struggling on how stunts/aspects/fate chips actually work in game/when they can be used/how many times per scene can they be used etc

1 Like

This is the page about invoking/compelling aspects https://fate-srd.com/fate-accelerated/aspects-fate-points, it should make sense without reading through character creation etc etc

PCs start each session with 3 fate points*, so you can do this stuff 3 times per session, plus however many compels you accept. No limits per scene, if you want to blow your load hr 1, have at it. You can use aspects whenever they are relevant to what you are trying to do and you have fate points to spend

*as a base, you can have less in exchange for more stunts iirc