itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E01 - AtNK Q&A] M I C K E Y M O U S E

Why don’t you jump in with the team and come on in for the big win?

10 Likes

12 Likes

Oh my god I didn’t even think of it, WHERE IS THUY!? Is she alive, and will they save her!?

So if Ken survives and returns to the show, would he play this character, great show. Truely engaged throughout.

2 Likes

Great episode, nice to return to the Necromancer murder-shenanigans.

Reminded me of this short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao&t=5s

Really enjoyed this episode. Definitely getting some Vietnam war vibes. Great job by the whole cast.

Also, the characters seem particularly synergistic in combat, and the players seem to know how the exploit that synergy. Its great fun to watch resourceful players use their tools to maximum effect. But of course this means the encounters need to be even more difficult to maintain the grim atmosphere.

3 Likes

This was a really fun, I might even say, care-free episode. The players all seemed to be really enjoying themselves. It all contrasted very nicely with this very dreary and depressing situation they find themselves in. An almost insanely lighthearted joy amidst the grim dark.

Save her? This is like 10 years or whatever later. If she’s still alive, she’s all grown up and might be one of the people fighting the necromancer to avenge her village or something.

3 Likes

This episode was so much fun. I hate to say it but I’m going to miss this group when we get back to the normal group.

1 Like

Yea me too. I’m a big fan of all of the characters. They mesh so well together both in and out of combat. This is one of those rare times Assuming the encounter is “fair enough” I could see the stealthing team handling a fight with their synergy and ken and dan handling one with just them as well. It’s great, if nothing else I hope this group goes out with a bang at least doing significant damage to the necromancer kings army, killing a lieutenant or two before dying.

2 Likes

It did feel a little bit weirdly punch drunk! I had a great time though.

4 Likes

The episode was great! All of the characters really grew on me on this one episode. The fight was nice and a bit longer fight without a cat and mouse game and the scenery gave me good ideas as i was doing my own prep while watching the show. :smiling_imp:

It was also good to hear on the post episode discussion that Ken was saving his Channel Divinity instead of forgetting it. At will magical weapon with +2 to hit is pretty damn strong against undead! It isn’t easy to jump on to a level 5 character that has a bunch of different mechanics but the players managed that too. Noice!

3 Likes

Yeah, I was really glad they found the Portent + Stunning Strike combo. That maneuver will basically beat any single strong enemy until legendary resists show up. Dan also picked up my favorite low level spell, Leomund’s Tiny Hut. A life saver in rough, treacherous campaigns like CoS.

1 Like

Like you just lost a major battle?

Pam Param. Pam Pam Param. Pam Paraaaam!

1 Like