itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Displaying discussed game title/topic in overlay + spoiler warning

Not a big deal but I think it would be a neat little feature. I usually listen to Dropped Frames as a podcast while doing something else as I think many people do. Sometimes you just miss when they start talking about new game or simply forget indie title or tune in late. You can see this in chat here and there when people would ask what they’re talking about/showing video for. Also useful for VODs when you wouldn’t need to go back to catch the name/topic or wait if they mention it again.

Is it something that occurred JP to add? I know it would be on him to not forget and type into overlay.

3 Likes

This is also helpful if you come into a game conversation halfway through and don’t want that game spoiled.

I know TB sometimes puts the game and/or topic on the bottom of the overlay.

1 Like

Use @itmeJP to get his attention to specific topics :wink:

I think we had it way way back. Or at least I have a feint memory of it… might have been a dream. However at that time we didn’t really know how to do it. Today is a different question where we could do it with dynamic overlays easily but that’s comes at cost. :itmejploot:

2 Likes

There was recently locked thread regarding spoilers in general. I think the concept of using a spoiler tag in Dropped Frames coincides nicely with a topic related lower third. Neither idea is something that I feel passionately about, but there obviously is a group that does. This could be a kill two birds with one stone approach. Food for thought. :itmejphappy:

2 Likes

That’s very true. I wonder what the best possible way would be to solve it. It’s hard to try and “precog” what people will say for spoilers but of course there’s other things that can be done.

I think a lot of things with the Dropped Frames overlays got halted when people compared my Dropped Frames logo Origin logo :frowning: It would have been a lot more satisfying and look better if that would have happened. I don’t blame the Twitter comments… but I do blame the Twitter comments :itmejpangry: j/k :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally don’t really like the current Dropped Frames overlays and they’re super old by now. The reason why I don’t like them is because I feel I could do so much better today. But the current logo makes making something very limited.

Do any one remember this? Just look how bad that looks. I would be embarrassed putting that on screen.

EDIT: Updated the topic title so we can discuss this further!

1 Like