itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

DansGaming is a prime example of how to be a newcomer to D&D

As the title says, one of my (many) favorite things about Court of Swords is Dan’s excitement as a newcomer to the table. The guy’s always prepared, knows his spells, and it’s evident he’s done his homework and quickly familiarized himself with the rules. Loving the roleplaying of his new character as well. It’s super evident how much fun he’s having, despite the challenge of jumping in with a group of veterans. DansGaming DM 2018, calling it now!

Keep up the great work, CoS crew!

12 Likes

The first time I heard the voice for his current character I lost it and had to rewind (was watching the VOD). :itmejp10:

Maybe it’s his moon shaped head but sometimes he has this smile of a 5 year old on Christmas in awe of how many presents there are under the tree. Pure glee.

8 Likes

Yup, Dan was a very welcome surprise. I was expecting the quiet, subdued or even timid presence we experienced on DF or on the Cooptional Podcast but he has been nailing it from episode one. For me for sure the best roleplaying on CoS so far and as you said, his enthusiasm and familiarisation with his character and rules really shows. His new character is freaking great. Go Dan!

8 Likes

The casting on all the shows has been awesome , Balance of Power was perfect for each team , CoS is fantastic aswell . I think after the TPK the guys talked about doing voice’s or accents and how that helped with RP and it totally worked with Dan’s current character . His stolen the limelight and with a show with Geoff in it that’s quite the effort.
The Patreon has been totally worth it, new shows have been fantastic , the Live show was awesome, cant wait for Dogs in the Vineyard

3 Likes

Agreed 100%. I’ll be honest, when he was announced as a cast member I was kind of unsure about how well he would do, but after a couple of episodes he completely turned me around. He makes the effort to learn the rules, how to use Roll20 effectively and he knows what his character can do and how. Definitely the best newcomer to RollPlay in terms of attitude.

4 Likes

Dan is a GMs dream - interested in both the mechanisms of the game and the roleplaying aspects of his character and always into learning more about the world.

14 Likes

I expected shy Dan but he is killing it man. He sounds like this is his 5th campaign or something.

2 Likes

Yep, exactly. Everyone’s been doing a great job roleplaying their characters, but I thought Dan deserved recognition for his exceptional efforts as a first-timer.

1 Like

Loved Dan and RollPlay for years so needless to say I was very excited about the combo. He has been killing it, made me sad we only heard a few lines of Baern’s new accent :itmejps: .

2 Likes