itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Create a LFG section

I think I have seen this brought up but it hasn’t been concluded.
I think it would be really cool to have a looking for group section on this forum. I know there are other LFG forums out there, but knowing you are recruiting from JPs audience would give everyone in a new group a common tie and easy people into the game. Also allot of people may not think to shop around.
Also people who many not normally join a campaign might see the LFG section and check it out.

I thought of this because I am forming a 5E group and I had hoped there would be a section here. So if you want a 5E game hit me up (gonna be on Australian time)

2 Likes

Feel free to post that up in “RollPlay: General” and one of the mods will add the LFG tag to it. Right now were not seeing the need to have it in it’s own category but if we start noticing that those posts are getting out of hand it will start as child and if it keeps growing it will become a parent.

I think I need to make it a bit more clear from the description that it’s allowed to post that in there as well. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Ok thanks, I wasn’t sure if it was allowed or not, so I didn’t want to put it in general. I think we have enough players anyway, but I would imagine it could help others to have that section.

2 Likes

Maybe it should fall under some kind of “Community - Other” type category? I’m thinking about all the unrelated posts, like that Bioware fan post, the favorite movies post, and those show fandom posts. Anything that’s not specifically related to JP or Rollplay could do better having its own wide space on the site.

1 Like

I think it would make sense to have a general roleplaying category separate from the RollPlay one. That way the RollPlay category can be more focused on the shows/patreon etc.

1 Like

This is something that might happen. At the moment we don’t see the need to over do it with child categories since there’s only one LFG topic at the moment. If we start seeing that there’s an overwhelming amount of things that needs their own child it will be created.

1 Like

I’m more referencing all the non-content-related posts having an “Other” category together, like the “What’s your favorite game?” posts being in the same separated space as any LFG stuff. Puts a nice little bow on all the technically irrelevant fun stuff the community wants to share and talk about.

To play devil’s advocate, when I went into Adam’s discord for the first time I saw they had a specific LFG section and it cued me, “Hey, next time I want to form a group for a roll20 game I think I’ll check here.”

Wouldn’t have occurred to me to use the community for that except there was already a category built in.

I know on the itmejp subreddit I always felt weird about posting a LFG topic because it could be seen as distracting from JP’s content and more appropriate for the /lfg subreddit instead.

Seems like there’s also space to say, “Hey, we think it’d be cool to have this as a core part of our community” and support that through simple things like community sections instead of waiting for it to bubble up on its own.

2 Likes