itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E70 Q&A] Chariot Crashes Against the Walls

Great episode everyone to misquote the late great Raul Julia. “For you, the day Ramus Krill graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.” Ramus doing the towers work today.

3 Likes

:adamwheel: They will get blessed by a cool angel and transported to Throne right? :adamwheel:

slightly smaller, sadly. but the tower could possibly provide for them

2 Likes

I’m curious what would have been the consequences if ramus abandoned the tower could he have lost the Tower’s blessing? I don’t see it being crippling as he could turn to Agni as he still bears her mark, and become probably her only cleric

2 Likes

:itmejpheart::itmejpheart::itmejpheart:
It was a collaborative effort!

Awesome episode. It’s a shame Ramus and co. had to get all heroic and save the Tower; I kinda wanted to see the shit-storm that would have ensued, had the Tower fallen, and Hassan’s retribution for their betrayal.

Adam has said before that if ramus lost faith in the tower that he would not be a cleric of the tower anymore and therefore not be able to use spells. So yes im guessing he would have lost the towers blessing so to speak

1 Like

Clerics draw their power from the gods they worship, so if the god you worship stops supporting you, you lose your magic and be hunted. Plus Ramus has no soul so he would have a huge bounty on his head.

1 Like

Such a good episode, really want to know what Kali’s been asked to do for the Ferang
Also I’m still giggling at chat’s reaction to my @ to Max about Berg looting a teashop and strapping the metal serving trays to himself seeing as Ramus couldn’t sense armor in the area XD

Adam when you talked about Feng Shui you mentioned The Four Beasts or something like that.
Am I right in assuming you were talking about Suzaku, Genbu, Byakko and Seiryu?
If so are they of an ancient belief system and/or are they still around similar to Imix and Agni?

3 Likes

I am trying to think the order of events that caused Justice/Judgements to fall. Did Ramus put doubt in them, causing them to segregate and divide creating fanatics? Then they raided the Chariot for their old war machines, yet they still survived, at least to these goblins? I kind of missed the fight, wondering if I missed any important details.

yeah! they’re the Four Celestial Beasts - ancient gods slumbering in the earth. i’d call them Thanh Long, Chu Tước, Bạch Hổ, and Huyền Vũ.

4 Likes

Here Clerics don’t worship gods, but a certain Arcana… Or more what that Arcana stands for.

Ramus’ speech didn’t have anything to do with it. Judgement and Justice came to blows in heaven, their earthly churches split, judgements priests killed justice’s and then raided the chariot to kill the A’harisa.

3 Likes

As far as the fight with the chariot goes, The chariot is literally the army of the heavens, so they naturally have the most combat forces. It seems that the majority of their rank had already been dealt with, (probably during the raid on their temple) but the fight-to-the-death fanatical hobgoblins managed to stick around long enough to make it to the Tower. Could possibly be wrong, but the priest saying they probably wouldn’t see the Chariot for a while makes me think that was the last of their forces.

1 Like

yeah, it’s pretty much the same principle

Interesting to see that the Tower fights againsts its own destruction now, tasting a bit of their own medicine. And even though it has been delayed a bit, I feel in pure Tower fashion eventually even the Tower itself has to fall soon and who better to deliver that blow than the guy that ran because of the horrors of the Tower only to return and destroy it thereby maybe also serving it in a paradox way.

Go Kalimat! :alien:

1 Like

The Tower falling is the last cataclysm, totally.

1 Like

I love that about the campaign. The PCs are at an average level of 7 and yet we are already dealing with events that are shaking the core of existence in a very tangible way.

Usually those events are what happens at the end of a campaign or it’s the history of why the world is the way it is today, but it’s super interesting to actually see a game actually happening during something that might very well be the beginning of a new era, the restructuring of heaven and the introduction of a whole new species to that world.

Not sure how I feel about the xp system as is. Berg did an awful lot of work this episode (pretty necessary too) and gets nothing from it in terms of xp. From a pure xp perspective Sali got more than berg, despite being slept for the majority of it(not his fault though).

However, got zero idea how to improve it.

5 Likes