itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E68 // Q&A] Red Dust and Black Bile

Are you still doing group goals and quest for exp or is it just personal goals now? I can’t rememeber if any group goals have been accomplished. Was the only Quest given to the party since the rule change the one from Innana and if they ever return to her and say “so hey instead of stealing from this dude we killed him instead you’re welcome” is that considered completing the quest?

Do you have an idea of how that conflict would play out at all or is that to be seen? With the resistance from the Ahazia(?) gone, would The Tower repel the Faarang ?

My guess is the Tower still has no idea how to actually fight them and will dip after they destroy the city. If they know that Berg’s hammer can destroy them, perhaps they can study it to learn about them or Tulsa can help them.

Or they ask the Sahir for help.

The Sahir are the secret weapon here, and you know the Farang are gonna try and recruit or co-opt them, so the Tower would likely go that route too. Remember too, they’re just here to blow up the important shit and bail. Salt the earth not save the farm.

1 Like

Like Peter the Great in the Great Northern War? Making the city unusable as a staging ground for the Farang?

Oh wow. So that corrupted brass dragon in the gnome lair was a big deal then. Too bad we didn’t get to find out more about it.

Did anyone ever post the lore of Cos? I’d really love to run something in this setting and id like to bathe in lore.

I just loved the Lovecaftian theme in this session, monsters/beings shaped like that are generally just interesting and beautifull in their own way. It just makes the mystery deeper and makes the characters face unholy abominations that can challenge their mentality. I would be pretty hyped if the show followed such a theme from time to time.

2 Likes

I wonder what would happen if AnnePire kidnapped a Farang and tried to turn it, especially now that they are more freely able to operate in the open with the guard all gone.

When Adam was talking spitefully about “our immortal leaders”, I was half expecting/hoping those catapults were the random halflings from way back when.

Another really cool episode though, this whole arc the last 15-20 eps has been amazing. I have no idea which way this war is going to go either, we lost one player and they seem to have been replaced by another.

While as stated before the story and content behind this arc can be endless and easily last more than 15-20 episodes i think Adam also wants some change as well, eventually he will come back to it in the future but i think he must be almost done with the arc for now and might want to change things up a little, maybe look more into the quest given to the party by Agni, maybe discover the capabilties of Berg’s arm, maybe even recover Chuckles. I think Adam already has something in mind, we will see waht turn the show will take after PAX most likely, i am pretty excited for it since this arc was just amazing and very fluent.

1 Like

I’m not sure she could feed on it, or even perceive it. It seemed like she fed on souls, and the farang certainly do not have those.

I think Vampires in this setting can see soul energy in addition to physical (Ziva didnt have any issue seeing Ramus when she returned to the party). She could probably see it and attack it but, as of yet anyway, Farang are outside of the wheel and dont have souls. So a Vampire couldnt drain anything from it. And if a Vampire cant drain anything from it, its cant turn it.

Now, Half-Elves…

Yes.

Quick mechanical question, how does Ramus have Spell save DC 17?

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

According to the stream character info he is level 8, so that makes his proficiency bonus +3 (until lvl9) and his Wisdom is 20 so that’s +5.

8+3+5 = 16

Am I forgetting some boon from his past or is it just a simple mistake on his roll20 sheet?

At the beginning of Season 3, Ramus got to pick one perk and give up two as part of his love letter. He gave up the options to have found a magic item during the time skip or to not have his soul be a giant unnatural gaping pit of emptiness, and in exchange he picked the option that gave him permanent +1 to his spell save DC.

5 Likes

Thanks! Felt like there was something like that but couldn’t recall the details from back then even though I’ve watched every episode.

2 Likes

Hm, that makes sense.

But that also means that if Ziva ever figured that out, she would definitely want to kill the Farang because they’re essentially trying to annihilate her food source.

1 Like

Quick question are they not playing this Tuesday because of PAX?

From what i know the show will continue normaly, and then PAX comes. so i am pretty sure episode 69 <3 is going to happen

1 Like

This is how i imagine Kalimat using Healing Word.

https://youtu.be/SDea7laHD4E?t=103

1 Like