itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[court of swords // e66 // q&a] bmx

Yay we can finally use the bag.

7 Likes

Haha throw Farsads body in the bag and pretend like he wasn’t in the room when you got there.

4 Likes

What terrible memories did the door have to live trough when Berg hit it?

2 Likes

Anyone remember if Ramus put the key to heaven in the bag of devouring?

I don’t think Ramus put anything in the bag since that first moment where he lost most his belongings. I do remember Dan saying once or twice that he was putting something into his bag but not clarifying which bag. It was said more as a way of saying he is stashing it on himself somewhere rather than describing his actual action. And I would assume both Dan and Adam are expecting it to be said explicitly that something is going into that specific bag for it to be true.

2 Likes

Fuck never mind, for some reason I mixed up the chronological order of things. Had got it in my head that they got the key before they got the bag.

Oh, yeah. That possibility crossed my mind. Sometimes I also struggle to remember exactly where some of these events take place in the growing timeline of the show. And it’s not hard to assume they would have gotten such an item in Utrix’s lair, for example :slight_smile:

Does anyone know the “path” of the wheel? Adam said that it went devil, tower, star. Does anyone have a complete list?

It goes in the same order as the Major Arcana of the Tarot. Here is a full list of the order.

1 Like

As hilarious as the prospect is… Objects are innately immune to psychic and poison damage.

I was impressed that he managed to shatter it so quickly. In the book it says a medium ‘Fragile’ object has 1d8hp and a ‘Resilient’ one has 4d8hp. Must have been an unfortunately flimsy door to ‘explode’ from the 14 bldg damage strike.

Real? He seems very concerned with Arcana continuing.

That is just 2 off the average for a reseliant door.

That’s one of those things that I probably wouldn’t waste my time looking up in the heat of the moment - kinda off in the weeds of D&D rules.

1 Like

Its 4 under, isnt it? 4.5*4?
Even still, the point was more just a comment on the way its structure transformed into a gas from a single rending strike from our resident barbarian.
I would have described like, half of the door breaking , maybe. Berg too stronk for that tho, straight to quantum detonation, removing the door entirely from reality.

I thought the average of 4d8 was (2 * 8) +1? Then the average would be 17, making it three off? I might be wrong, but I thought it was always one more than half the maximum result? That also might just be a workaround to avoid having to round large amounts of dies though, so feel free to correct me if I’m totally wrong.

Yes and Yes.[quote=“dutrockbridge, post:40, topic:2417”]
Do the Mara have grander visions of being in control
[/quote]
No

Yes and Yes.

To detail: The Mara hate Oblivion. Oblivion could be good or bad or neither… No one fucking knows. The Fountain & Arcana want Oblivion. So the Mara is trying to stop this from happening.
Past this, if the Mara end up taking over, their main objective is Chaos. They love it. Better than sex. Well. Maybe.
Anyways.
In other campaigns, there are demons and devils and there’s a whole lore behind the difference between them and past wars and “666” layers of the abyss compared to 9 rings of hell. I don’t know if Adam is going this route because well… We haven’t really touched one Hell yet. If he is, then here’s the deal:
(most) Demons are dumb and probably wouldn’t know what to do with power once given to them.
Devils on the other hand are smart af and that’s where the question in hand is… What does absolute chaos look like?

I’ll leave that up to your imagination.

Hope I answered at least one of your questions.

Also I could be wrong, but that only happens like 20% of the time.

You can’t deal with dice collectively like this in arithmetic, really the math is 8!, - which is (8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)/8 - per die, which can be simplified to (1+8)/2=4.5 since each paired high/low set (7,2; 6,3; 5,4) adds to the same sum making the factorial redundant.

That’s true, Whoops. Its been quite a day, I probably shouldn’t be doing math right now. Just ignore me, Practice Tests have nuked my brain.

The site anydice is a great reference site to offload the math from your brain. I’ve always found it quite useful :slight_smile:

The Arcana are the path, not the walkers on it.

1 Like