itmeJP Community

[court of swords // e66 // q&a] bmx

q-and-a
court-of-swords

(AdamKoebel) #1

knock knock open up the door

(FatalFlesh) #2

I really wanted to see what would of happened with an enslaved Mara demon, why did you have to release him Adam! Kappa

(Possibly Batman) #3

Hot damn, Court of Swords continues to blow me away. Excellent work from the whole cast.

(TwilightBorealis) #4

So when does Kalimat get consumed by Mara? Because he was spewing straight H E R E S Y when they were in the train. Talking about going against destiny and all that. From what I understand of morality in the setting, what he was saying was the definition of evil to those who follow the Arcana.

(DesmondDentresti) #5

Technically there was no determined fate at the time. He was just saying 'Do what you want… You want to have a relationship? Do it."

Until a fortune is read, it is like Schrodinger’s Destiny. Any path you choose is your path until you are conscious of the choice… then there is right and wrong.

(Hey_Its_Scout) #6

So theoretically speaking, if you were using the old system of awarding xp, how much xp would the mighty door give? (great work as always!)

(TwilightBorealis) #7

There is always a path set forth by the Fountain, even if you don’t know what it is. Otherwise no one would ever bother doing readings, since readings would only restrict them.

(Olf_Himself) #8

@AdamKoebel Lore question regarding Agni and Ramus’ relationship. I know he doesn’t have the stats for it, but if he did, could he multi-class into a Fey Warlock with Agni is the Patron?

(thetrabek) #9

What would have happened if Berg had succeeded in the roll to break Farsad’s neck? Would the mara have let him die?

(DesmondDentresti) #10

Restrict them? No… Punish ‘conscious rebellion’.
An interesting perspective and one that I have in real life… My point stands from a philosophical stand point.

(too_angry) #11

What might be the ramifications of enslaving a Mara with an implement of Justice?

(Aythers) #12

So can Mara die if they are within someone else? Or do they just peace out once the host “dies”, and go back to hell.

(AdamKoebel) #13

oh man, my mind was racing trying to think what that might be like!

(AdamKoebel) #14

The Mara technically have no form, so death isn’t possible for them, merely banishment.

(Ezekiel_III) #15

To that I say “Bring it.”

(AdamKoebel) #16

I can’t imagine it’s never been imagined before, but I doubt its ever gone well - we saw the platinum implements utrix used to imprison the balor, right?

(AdamKoebel) #17

I think the Mara would have fled, then, yeah.

(AdamKoebel) #18

uhhhh, yeah let’s say “sure why not”

(AdamKoebel) #19

a big zero on that one

(apepi) #20

Two things, Sali is still technically dying because no one healed him, and Banishing a Mara would keep them in the fiend/Mara plane, not harmless plane because he is not naturally from this plane.