itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E60 Q&A] The Wheel is a Game of Chance

[spoiler]It was the wrong portal. Salihafa failed a check to spot the right one, and Kalimat failed at the last moment,
rather spectacularly, to realize it. Oops![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Oh wow! I must have missed that spot check. I wonder if they’re even back on their own world, though I suppose if the stars were radically different they’d have noticed.[/spoiler]

None of them checked the night sky yet. Decent Idea though!

Salihafa might actually know a little bit about that from Sea Travel at night?

1 Like

Perhaps if they investigated the area around the portal more they could find traces of an old road so they know which way to go.

The bag of devouring says in its entry that it registers as a bag of holding to all checks, the same as all cursed items resemble another item.

Was there no post-show at the patreon or did it just not get posted yet?

5 Likes

As per what @KnockingDevil said in this thread, and given that he gives page reference and all, you seem to not be right. Unless you are just talking about superficial, cursory assessments of the object and not the actual identifying action.

1 Like

Lets all just take a second to remember that Adam can use whatever version of a ‘Bag of Devouring’ that he likes. I will even posit that Adam has had this exact version come up at a game he was playing in. Whether it follows the 5e description in the DMG(pg153) is absolutely irrelevant. Lets all just be happy that the tower knows how to poke its servants at the best/worst possible times.

Edit: Nevermind here it is :smiley:

I mean, pretty much all of that falls onto the decisions that the players and the characters make themselves. And Adam has actually been pretty benevolent on more than a few things and in more than a few ways, so it honestly could be quite a bit worse.

Even when it comes to unlucky rolling, the players and their characters still have the opportunity to figure out how to turn it around to their advantage.

1 Like

I know shit happens. Not sure why the post show didn’t happen or post till 12 hours after the show, but a currtise tweet would have been nice leting us know we didn’t need to wait up.

And sometimes the bear… is a bag!

What were the odds of Dan rolling that item? Are there many less-than-desirable items on the table he rolled or was it just the one and the dice happened to be particularly unkind?

I can’t wait to find out how they utilize this item in future eps! I have so many ideas!

Lemme see…

chances were 1/16

1 Like

I really hope that bag isn’t exempt from your every magic item has a back story because I bet that one is interesting.

3 Likes

Oh hell no, of course it has a backstory.

4 Likes

Utrix used it as a party trick to impress the other wizards. “Put a finger in here, my dear.” Fun was had.

2 Likes

A sworn agent of the tower, a priest to his might, awarded with an artefact that causes lasting desctruction. How perfectly fitting of a story the dice have narrated here.
Just in general, even for Kalimat and Sali, they seem to not only be carrying the TOWERs shadow with them. They seem to become an aspect of HIM.

Not gonna lie, loving the squid-variant mindflayers’ descriptions.

At his power level there’d be several holy magic users present to regenerate that shit.

I’d be more surprised if they accidentally build something up and made things around them better.

Currently, this is par for the the course for most murder hobos.