itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E60 Q&A] The Wheel is a Game of Chance

how much wealth did that have stored as art objects and gems?

or is that all gone too?

“everything” - dansgaming, 2018

4 Likes

Truly the wisest of the non exsistant beings

Berg just can’t catch a break :itmejplol: Still absolutely loving this entire arc!
The real question is, what would happen if they put the Soul Cube in the Bag of Devouring??

6 Likes

Magics items can’t be uncursed outside of wish spell

1 Like

Wait, is it normally supposed to be permanent?? O.o

1 Like

As much as I get frustrated with what you do to the characters from time to time, this is an awesome world that you created. :slight_smile: Really love the little bits and pieces of information we get about the lore. Amazing work, Adam

Sometimes?

1 Like

I can’t even be mad at Adam anymore, as much as be mad at the game. I mean, every single time the party makes any progress, the game makes it a point to induce as much suffering as possible. I get that they’ve kind of been running with the theme since the tower arc started, but at some point it becomes a little hard to bare. I mean, seriously, the ending has left me feeling physically sick. I’m pretty sure its awoken some deep issues in me I wasn’t even sure I had it was so crushing.

Silver Lining though: The bag technically doesn’t destroy whats placed into it, but just teleports it somewhere in another plane of existence. I’m not sure how exactly that works with the nature of COS’ planes of existence, but Adam could possibly take mercy on them and have it be possible to reclaim the items at some point. (Just in case Dan should make sure to make a backup of his inventory before deleting it all)

5 Likes

@AdamKoebel Here’s hoping your recent experience with hex crawl Chult D&D is utilized while they roam the desert.

Kudos to you Adam. There was SO much going on and it all flowed so nicely. I do have one question. What were those brain creatures that dropped Berg’s int?

1 Like

You know what I’m waiting for? For @AdamKoebel to RP Innana when they say “We killed Utrix, his souls was in a box and we broke it, and so did his realm. Sorry we couldn’t bring his experiment.” =D

1 Like

Zeke’s new items seem like an homage to “Lonkshanks, Girth and Keen.” A Czechoslovakian fairy tale from 1919. Is this Just a coincidence?

I think they definitely were devourers, intellect devourers, I would say

2 Likes

the brain thingy was an intellect devourer!

4 Likes

I don’t think the items that were lost were so valuable as to justify a whole new arc to god knows which astral plane to recover them. Would be cool if Dan could publish a list of the lost items :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d love to see a copy of Ramuses inventory. Obviously his previous inventory, his current one is presumably just “Bag of Devouring”

I have been excitedly waiting for this ever since things started to hit the fan in Utrix’s realm.

I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that Ramus had at least one minor magic item that was rarely used (He might have lost it the first time he died, so feel free to correct me). It also just makes me feel a little better to know it wasn’t completely lost, but could possibly be recovered, even if it never happens. I would also be excited to see a list of exactly what was lost though.

Also, on an unrelated but depressing note, depending on if Adam includes the things Ramus was wearing as “Everything”, Ramus just lost his holy symbol. No holy symbol, no spells. No spells means no “create food and water”, plus the loss of the rations means the party is incredibly likely to die just from the elements unless Adam deus ex machinas something in to help them (Because the whole party dying to the elements would be incredibly harsh, upsetting, and above all, boring).

I just read up on the Bag of Devouring, it all could have been so much worse if Adam didn’t decide to be benevolent:

Guess with Berg’s Int recovery and the mild version of the Bag of Devouring, the party got away easy :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah, nothing worn, just inventory from the bag.

1 Like