itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[Court of Swords E22 Q&A] Hail to the King, Baby

I think the world is the only consistent thing in the game, so we’re learning about it in vignettes. There will always be more and the story of the world will keep being told regardless of who we see on screen. Everything that started in episode 1 continues today, though it’s very subtle in places.

4 Likes

Even though she is on Nebula Jazz, I want to see Dodger :slight_smile:
Others: Cohh, Shannon, Aureylian and djWheat :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The necromancer from the first arc has had a lot of time of their hands

I hope they finish the dungeon

1 Like

That feels like it’s breaking the spirit of 5e, if not just the rules, where “gaming the system for a boost in power” doesn’t really fit in with how stats are capped and magic items are dealt out. It would make more sense that if you want combat to be more deadly, you’d add in additional rules like flanking or slow natural healing.

It depends on where you buy it. I’m going to review and probably steal the rules for economy from http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/196352/The-Nightmares-Underneath-Free-Edition

4 Likes

Great end to a great arc. I was in a cold sweat there at the end but Dan was MVP as usual.
I’d love to have Cohh back in the world of 5E when you decide to bring in a new guest.

you’re not wrong about that…

5 Likes

@itmeJP Any plans to pick your new race from Volo’s ?

2 Likes

Love it! Give us more! Maybe if you and JP have the energy/time, there could be a spin-off of smaller episodes with a different/smaller cast, detailing the world and NPCs we’ve met. I’d gladly pay more patreon monies for that😁 Keep it up!

Cool episode! Crazy to see level 4 so fast after 3!

I’m not completely sure, but does Berg still have his shackles? I’m not sure but didn’t Presnidgetron take the ring? Maybe Azriel could have it and have it as an motivation for Berg to start to see the light. :wink:

The loot at the end was rolled from pretty high quality stuff. Is there anything that you wouldn’t add in to the game, such as Deck of Many Things, if you randomly roll it? The Elephant seems to be balancing on a fine line of chaos and crazy! :itmejpgmleft::itmejpgmlol::itmejphax:

1 Like

You mention the world being the only constant, and seeing things in vignettes. The evil we’ve encountered with the party in the past is still out there, doing their thing. My question is that will the world just continue to get darker and darker if the world continues to run up against the wall and lose like they were doing a bunch early on (and hopefully with today buck the trend). Or is there a potential for good things to happen in the background and counter/slow some of what’s going on?

3 Likes

Absolutely, the bracer is still there. Nobody took the ring, as far as I remember - Berg is still a slave. Though with enough money, you could buy his freedom, I bet.

I’d absolutely keep it in the game. Random loot tables are a challenge for me to keep things balanced and if the players wanted to draw from the deck, I’d have to play along…

3 Likes

If Total Biscuit would ever consider venturing back in to RP, I’d love to see him. I also really enjoy when @Strippin goes all in RP wise

2 Likes

Misunderstood you initially. Intentionally I assume? Did you find the strict rules too harsh?

I seem to recall Persnidgetron taking the ring after cutting off Gideon’s finger, and then putting the ring into his pack?

4 Likes

Edit: corrected

Yes, it does have the same restriction.

“A creature that can make multiple attacks on its turn has the Multiattack ability”

1 Like

Was that a CR 5-10 loot table we saw?

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused about rock gnome king, what would have happened if someone used magic that is not affected by ac? Would he just die?

2 Likes

Unless has has any kind of full magic protection, he’d die.

2 Likes