itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E141 // Q&A] A Gigantic Reunion

Show dominance over the courts, Turn up with only half a soul and no pants.
You’re a god damned adventurer.

1 Like

So I was trying to build Doug as a Paladin, here is what I have made
Race: Human (Standard), +1 to all stats, Language Dwarvish(The town they meet Doug in was in a Old Dwarf town, the other one I was thinking of was maybe Undercommon just to be weird)
Class: Paladin - Skills Medicine(Closest skill to cooking) and Religion(felt the best out of the other options)
Stats - I Rolled until I got as close to as many 10s and 2 stats that would be over 13 as possible - 9, 9, 9, 10, 13, 17, so with his adjustment and allocation the stats are 10(str), 18(dex), 11(con), 10(int), 10(wis), 14(cha), why Dex, because cooking always feels like a Dex or Con thing to me, and sometimes Wis.
Backgroud: Guild Artisan - Skills Insight and Persuasion, Tools - Cook’s Utensils, Language Orc(I decided to go with Orc as it would make more sense with Dwarvish, the other option was Primordial as he could be picking it up with the Embers)
Equipment: Doug’s Cooking Cleaver(Short Sword) can’t remember if this got a name yet or not, Shield, Club(Rolling pin or Pestle), Explorer’s Pack, Cook’s Utensils

For level ups to 4

• 2; Fighting style Defense or Dueling, Spells Ceremony(Because I think it would be funny that Doug can marry people), Detect Poison and Disease(a great cooking spell), and finally Purify Food and Drink(once again just a great cooking spell), the maybe spell was Searing Smite.
  • 3; Oath - Devotion or Redemption feel the best fits from what we know of Doug, I personally think Redemption fits a little better but that is more because of Spells and Channel ability.
  • 4; +2 Dex, Resilient Con or Travern Brawler

Made this out and thought it would be fun to see what others think.

3 Likes

what was the name of the movie with the two samurais? also great show as always

Maybe Aragami?

Heaven is a bureaucracy of powerful entities that are capable of harnessing the power of the fountain and rule over the “mortal” world through controlling souls.

I think Ramus has an opportunity here of approaching this diagonally. Instead of being sanctioned by heaven or opposing it outright, he could instead look to find allies within Heaven that would also wish to see a change in the current order of things.

We’ve seen discontent in the “Tower’s” branch of Heaven and I think it’s reasonable to assume that other “departments” of heaven have leadership that have opposing goals. Ramus’ knowledge of the arcana may help him find pathways here that could change the entire darn universe.

We haven’t really discussed a huge amount of the other areas of Heaven but I could see a lot of sympathetic ears in the Moon (secrets and illusions) /the Star (purpose) / Temperance (understanding) etc.

Heaven is losing the grip on the world, the Mara are rising in strength. It’s time for a revolution baby!

3 Likes

Great episode, it’s nice to see the team back together. I’m a little bit sad, that they didn’t trust Agni enough to forge them a weapon of harmony without spelling doom.
Well it’s probably because they want to spend some time not being influenced by artifacts of higher powers for once. Maybe it’s time to bring back chuckles? :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean its a slap in the face ofc, but the bureaucracy of heaven should be able to remember the time, where humans had no soul, so they should be able to get over it.

Well, we already know multiple retired PCs that are currently actively opposed to heaven and probably doing a much better job of it than Ramus.

To be fair though, Ramus is being held back by a lot of worldly troubles and also by going the approach of changing the system from within instead of by external force, like the Farang had planned.

PS.: Anybody having an idea where Yoji’s at?

1 Like

If Ramus has prolonged his life to survive the 306 years until he’s due in court he’s likely tracked down his latest reincarnation of the higher part of his soul and brought that entity to court too.

So he’s still kinda turning up to court without his trousers on but the trousers are folded up next to him.

Also do you think Ramus’ soul would have made it back up the reincarnation cycle to human again by that time or do you think his sins as Ramus have his soul stuck being reincarnated as a monkey for 306 years?

1 Like

Who?

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ahaha

Ramus: who the hell is this guy?!
Heaven: he’s you
2nd Ramus: hey buddy

2 Likes

Week 141 roll results and statistics:

Ramus Krill (DansGaming):
Roll 1