itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E115 Q&A] Big Lucky Ramus

SO RICH
SO PROSPEROUS
GLORIOUS RAMUS

5 Likes

Stupid charming Ramus.

Hey @AdamKoebel will Amira not die if she passes through the vein?
Why does it look like every event you need 7 items that are the key thing to the story in before the end?
If you ever seen Stranger Things pilot episode could you tell me what edition was that? Because it felt like it was the first edition. I assume so because the figures looked old tier.
How do humans get to the Void to begin with and act as if seeing another human around is like seeing demons around is normal?

I have missed this show the last couple of weeks. This episode has made me laugh the hardest I’ve laughed in over a month, I needed this the last few weeks have been tough for me and this has brightened my week.

@Ezekiel_III and @DansGaming thank you so much for the excellent RP tonight you made me laugh so hard. @AdamKoebel you are the best DM and I love all of your NPC’s. @GassyMexican and @itmeJP I love Berg and Mararib and it is a joy to watch you play the characters. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I guess we’ll see, won’t we?

I think they’re playing AD&D.

Humans are everywhere - they’re the native denizens of the Void.

thank you for watching, Scara. Seriously, it’s really great knowing people are out there and they appreciate all the work we do!

3 Likes

Another great episode. I have a few questions. @AdamKoebel my perception may be off but it seemed early on in this campaign you were somewhat stingy (I don’t mean this in a negative way) with magic Items, but now that they are in the void you seem to be willing to hand them out like candy, is this a trait of the void, a change in your DMing philosophy about magic Items, coincidence, or something else entirely?

Also unrelated to this episode, is necromancy (raising zombie/skeleton armies) inherently against the will of heaven? Or is it just how the necro King is going about it that is anti heaven (using the Mara to do it)? I know Clerics have access to the same zombie raising spells, so could their be Clerics of Heaven that have zombie hordes and its perfectly fine maybe even seen as a honorable thing (I could imagine people dedicating their dead bodies to be risen to continue helping out their families). Curious about this worlds lore about the subject since it can vary wildly campaign setting to campaign setting.

2 Likes

The magic item thing might have something to do with the player levels. When you are a level 1 nobody, chances are you will not get a magic item. When you are level 13, and have killed gods, a magic trinket or two is less of a big deal. It also has less impact on balance.

Oh yea I’m aware. The part I’m more curious about is until very recently the only time they acquired magic Items between levels 3-now has been when they’ve cleared “dungeons” (rock gnome lair, Utrix home, yuan ti place, elf crystal mine) and even then there were very few items acquired. There seemed to be a lot of levels in the middle between 1-13 that I’m curious about.

1 Like

He also said that they could have gotten magical items in the City of Brass, but they didn’t venture off to do so. I think that certain places are just more likely to have them than others. Magical items flow towards the CoB, people already in power, or fall through the veins. There were a few mrdrhobo chances for them to get items too (some to fruition in the CoB), but there were probably some they missed. It could just be that the party wasn’t too focused on finding magical gear, so they didn’t. If someone had made it a goal (or tried to enhance their existing magical item), they would probably have been put on the path. It worked for Berg’s hammer and arm.

It’s a bit of both! The Void is a sort of couch cushion of the universe, so i think items end up down there more readily than ones that remain in the hands of their creators in The World, you know?

2 Likes

Week 115 roll results and statistics:

Ramus Krill (DansGaming):
Roll 1
  • type: Skill check
  • Skill: Persuasion
  • Roll: 14
  • Modifier: +4
  • Result: 18
  • Advantage: 0
Roll 2
  • Roll: 20
  • Result: 24
Roll 3
  • type: Save
  • Skill: Intelligence
  • Roll: 18
  • Modifier: +2
  • Result: 20
Roll 4
  • Skill: Wisdom
  • Roll: 18
  • Modifier: 9
  • Result: 27
Roll 5
  • Skill: History
  • Modifier: +6
  • Result: 26
Roll 6
  • Roll: 1
  • Result: 5
Roll 7

Berg (GassyMexican):
Roll 1
  • Skill: Intimidation
  • Roll: 1
  • Modifier: +3
  • Result: 4

Broken Promises (Ezekiel_III):
Roll 1
  • type: Attack
  • Roll: 4
  • Modifier: +5
  • Result: 9
  • Advantage: +
  • Hit: -
  • Damage: 0
  • FirstAtkRnd: 1
Roll 2
  • Skill: Constitution
  • Roll: 6
  • Modifier: +6
  • Result: 12
Roll 3
  • Skill: History
  • Roll: 5
  • Modifier: 0
  • Result: 5
Roll 4
  • Roll: 15
  • Modifier: +9
Roll 5
  • Skill: Insight
  • Roll: 6
  • Modifier: +7
  • Result: 13
Roll 6
  • Skill: Insight
  • Roll: 7
  • Modifier: +7
  • Result: 14

Maharib (itmeJP):
Roll 1
  • Modifier: +10
  • Result: 15
Roll 2
  • Skill: Perception
  • Roll: 12
  • Result: 16
Roll 3
  • Skill: Investigation
  • Modifier: +1
  • Result: 6
Roll 4
  • Skill: Deception
  • Roll: 4
  • Modifier: -2
  • Result: 2

Adam Koebel:
Roll 1
  • Result: 15
Roll 2
  • type: Damage
  • Damage: 14
  • Target: Maharib
Roll 3
  • type: Damage
  • Damage: 29
  • Target: Promises

Average Results
  • Ramus Krill: 20.571
  • Broken Promises: 12.833
  • Berg: 4.000
  • Maharib: 9.750
  • Adam Koebel: 15.000

Average Rolls
  • Ramus Krill: 15.857
  • Broken Promises: 7.167
  • Berg: 1.000
  • Maharib: 6.500

Damage dealt
  • Ramus Krill: 0
  • Broken Promises: 0
  • Berg: 0
  • Maharib: 0
  • Adam Koebel: 43
Damage taken
  • Ramus Krill: 0
  • Broken Promises: 29
  • Berg: 0
  • Maharib: 14

• Even with counting the rerolled 1, Ramus had an incredible week:
  • His 15.857 roll average is the best average since I started recording the stats in week 74 (if you exclude averages with just a single roll).
  • Without counting the rerolled 1, Ramus’ average raw d20 roll was 18.333 with 6 rolls!
  • The possibility of getting a 15.857 (or higher) average on 7 rolls is just 0.6459%
  • The possibility of getting a 18.333 (or higher) average on 6 rolls is just 0.0125%
  • He got these stats without rolling with advantage!
  • He got 3 crits out of just 7 rolls (0.3757% chance of happening)
  • Also Berg’s only roll this week was a 1
2 Likes

I love the two peaks on the top graph where Ramus breaks the 20 barrier for average results. Actually, that graph tells you everything you need to know about Ramus’s time in the void. His average results in the last 4 games did not drop below 15.

1 Like