itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E106 // Q&A] The Hammered of Heaven

I was wondering the same thing, if it did end up here then it likely went for sale in the market as ‘marvelous relics from the other world’.

No not in the Void but in the other world I mean where Berg, Ramus, Yotta and Maharib came from? @AdamKoebel

that will never happen, in order for that to happen he would have to make atleast 1 charisma check and that will never happen, id have a bigger shot with scarlett johanson than ramus making a charisma check.

This wasn’t a no. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

You had one of the npcs make a mother joke, when really they should have no mother. :upside_down_face:

Also I wonder how souls are ‘created’/the rules for them, humanoids from the cos universe they have two split souls and they are birthed and then are reincarnated when they die and can kind of create new souls by reincarnation but that might run out if they all go through the fountain, gods has/has their souls whole and are/were attached to a place(we saw this in the cos prequel) though some of them evolved becoming more ambiguous like the god of luck/bad luck by the fountain and if they die we don’t know what happens to them and they can not create more gods but they can sever a part of themselves and create lesser gods which are somewhat a part of them like a puzzle peice, dragons have whole souls and we don’t know what happens when they die but they don’t seem to be reincarnated as there are not many of them and don’t know if they can create more souls, and the Farang have whole souls and we don’t know what happens when they die and don’t know if they can create souls. We have seen the Mara, God’s and Utrix be able to make whole souls, like the Mara making Ramus whole, changing our dragonborn to a dragon, and Utrix trying to change his own.

So to me it seems like the gods of the CoS universe is holding the cos souls hostage, taking away their possible power of ‘choice’, and to fully have choice you have to have a whole soul?

Also makes me wonder, do the Mara humanoids have sex? One of them seems atleast attracted to the fork. But even if they do, they don’t have babies… But what if it is a Mara humanoid and a cos humanoid? Would some being come out of that? Would it be like a full being or a half being? But then again we haven’t actually seen anyone actually create souls, but morph them. It seems like a limited resource. And with my previous theory that the gods are using the cos humanoids to fuel the fountain, and the fountain being energy…the universe might just run out of magical power because there are no more souls/fountain at the end? Though if I remember right the fountain existed before hand, before the gods took it… Could the fountain be the thing that gave souls in the first place?
The most important thing that we learned this episode is that they are using juice(which is the fountains power) to keep the roads, to prevent the trees from coming up. To me this is them giving the roads a soul, like everything else in their world. It makes me wonder if someone went and smashed the road, would it heal during the cycle?

Though I can still not figure out why the parties food does not provide them sleep while the Maria’s world does. We have seen their food work in other dimensions before I believe, like in Utrix’s lair I believe? :thinking:

1 Like

Well, Utrix’s lair was at least still in a part of the cosmos where the Fountain wasn’t being blocked. The Void they’re in now is something else. Check out the latest DM Prep video, linked above.

Also, we know that souls were created at the start of the universe when the Fountain shattered, but they weren’t well organized. What Heaven did was establish a cycle of Samsara, whereby following their Dharma souls would be led back to the Fountain.

1 Like

@AdamKoebel I thought it was hard to find a good lecture series on Indian history, compared to the flood of Greek, Roman, and Middle East history available on Youtube. Here’s a 26 lecture series by Vinay Lal at UCLA I think is very good, in case you’re interested. He has almost a dozen courses on his channel.

EDIT: I’m still trying to find a series on Chinese History that’s lectures and not documentary format. If anyone knows a good playlist not behind a wall, please let me know!

1 Like

This gives me a very interesting theory. We know that there is no record of the mara until the establishment of Heaven. We also know that Heaven can see the mara when they are on their crusades, and that they cannot see entities without souls (like the Farang, the past shell of Ramus, etc.). From prep we know

Summary

that others have made their way to the void world before, like those who became lost in stories.

All of this put together suggests to me that the mara are either a.) primordials who decided to fight against Heaven instead of going to sleep; b.) humans (not unlike the current PCs) who decided to fight against Heaven early on in the cycle, perhaps even at the first cycle and eventually found their way to this other world and gained power; c.) humans who killed/ate gods when Heaven was new and escaped to this world whenever they need to rally strength for their incursions. I currently think that b or c is more likely, with the mara as basically Sahir who decided that they would wield their power against Heaven.

Summary

It also works well with the West Marches theory, since they were a bunch of power-crazed “humans” who became weirder the more powerful they became.

1 Like

@AdamKoebel As Too Little Action refered to children. Does the whole reproduction thing need juice as well. As that is a permanent change of the state if the world?

Also, if Chuckles isn’t one of the artifacts they found near a vein being sold in the necropolis market, I will just die.

2 Likes

I think maybe there is a way to make children using juice and other raw materials but I don’t know that children means the same thing down here.

(also I am constantly trying not to violate my own canon by having NPCs talk about shit they don’t have in the Court of the Void so I might slip up here and there. :smiley: )

2 Likes

Week 106 roll results and statistics:

Ramus Krill (DansGaming):
Roll 1
  • type: Skill check
  • Skill: Insight
  • Roll: 14
  • Modifier: +9
  • Result: 23
  • Advantage: 0
Roll 2
  • Skill: Persuasion
  • Roll: 13
  • Modifier: +3
  • Result: 16

Yotta Zō (Ezekiel_III):
Roll 1
  • Skill: Survival
  • Roll: 15
  • Result: 18
Roll 2
  • type: Save
  • Skill: Wisdom
  • Roll: 16
  • Result: 19
Roll 3
  • Skill: Wisdom
  • Roll: 2
  • Result: 5
Roll 4
  • Skill: Stealth
  • Modifier: +4

Berg (GassyMexican):
Roll 1
  • Roll: 3
  • Modifier: -2
  • Result: 1
Roll 2
  • Skill: Constitution
  • Roll: 11
  • Modifier: +5
  • Result: 16
Roll 3
  • Roll: 6
  • Result: 11
Roll 4
  • Skill: Survival
  • Roll: 7
  • Modifier: +2
  • Result: 9
Roll 5
  • Skill: Perception
Roll 6
  • Roll: 8
  • Result: 13
Roll 7
  • Skill: Initiative
  • Modifier: +1
  • Result: 17
  • Advantage: +
Roll 8
  • type: Attack
  • Roll: 5
  • Result: 14
  • Hit: -
  • Damage: 0
  • FirstAtkRnd: 8
Roll 9
  • Roll: 17
  • Result: 26
  • Hit: +
  • Damage: 24
  • FirstAtkRnd: 8
Roll 10
  • Result: 22
Roll 11
  • Damage: 31
  • FirstAtkRnd: 11
Roll 12
  • Roll: 13
  • Result: 22
  • Damage: 21
  • FirstAtkRnd: 11
Roll 13
  • Result: 19
Roll 14
  • Roll: 9
  • Advantage: +
Roll 15
  • Roll: 18
Roll 16
  • Roll: 5
  • FirstAtkRnd: 16
Roll 17
  • Roll: 20
  • Result: 29
  • Hit: ++
  • Damage: 40
  • FirstAtkRnd: 16
Roll 18
Roll 19
  • Skill: Tool

Maharib (itmeJP):
Roll 1
  • Roll: 12
  • Result: 21
Roll 2
  • Roll: 8
  • Result: 17
  • Damage: 6
  • FirstAtkRnd: 2
Roll 3
  • Roll: 15
  • Result: 13
Roll 4
  • Skill: Nature
  • Roll: 1
  • Result: 2
Roll 5
  • Roll: 11
  • Modifier: -1
  • Result: 10
Roll 6
  • Skill: Religion
  • Result: 4
  • Advantage: -
Roll 7
  • Result: 26

Adam Koebel:
Roll 1
  • Skill: Perception
Roll 2
  • Skill: ?
  • Result: 10
Roll 3
  • Skill: Initiative
  • Result: 8
Roll 4
  • Result: 11
  • Target: Berg
Roll 5
  • Target: Berg
  • Damage: 15

Average Results
  • Ramus Krill: 19.500
  • Yotta Zō: 15.000
  • Berg: 15.632
  • Maharib: 13.286
  • Adam Koebel: 13.000

Average Rolls
  • Ramus Krill: 13.500
  • Yotta Zō: 11.750
  • Berg: 10.789
  • Maharib: 9.571

Damage dealt
  • Ramus Krill: 0
  • Yotta Zō: 0
  • Berg: 116
  • Maharib: 6
  • Adam Koebel: 15

Damage taken
  • Ramus Krill: 0
  • Yotta Zō: 0
  • Berg: 15
  • Maharib: 0
2 Likes

@AdamKoebel Please tell me there’s a mara/maraborn named “Xam of the Dessicated Visage” or something along those lines.

@AdamKoebel I don’t know why I just thought of this but what happens to the souls that the Mara “steal”? We saw the bag man take what appeared to be Kukrits soul. If these people have no souls wonder what the Mara are doing with the souls of people that make deals with them.

3 Likes

A rare and mysterious asset, in this shadowy place…

1 Like

Interesting. Curiouser and curiouser. Man I really hope the party doesn’t leave this realm anytime soon. I want a whole campaign set here. Now I’m wondering if that’s a way they can make “new children” on this side. Using a stolen soul and there are a select few souled creatures.

Man this would be an amazing way to start a campaign. The PCs are some of the select few creatures with a soul and don’t come back each day. There’s all these questions on why they are different living in this harsh world where the Gods (Mara) walk among them and are constantly vying for power. Why are they cursed to be able to die? And then if they do the right things or screw up the wrong things they wind up on the other side and learn of the fountain and how they are from the shadow of the real world and the only reason they can exist in this new world is they have a soul “stolen” from the place they are now. Not saying that in anyway is how your world works but I think I might have to steal this idea for a future campaign if that’s ok. The wheels are turning now.

2 Likes