itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E102 // Q&A] Inside the Abbey Walls

a slightly shortened episode, but thank you for coming everyone!

5 Likes

It’s fine blame Max’s web @AdamKoebel

Even though it was a short episode, I think there were some really great moments in this episode! I especially loved the simple human moment of Maharib talking and playing with the guards.

Will we be seeing Kalimat again @AdamKoebel ?

I think it was a fun rp session even though it got cut short and ramus wasn’t a huge participant, gave the spotlight over to Maharib and Yotta since we don’t Know a ton about them, they’re still relatively new and all.

Also: Must Jace Beleren Die?

yes he must

2 Likes

Quick question(s) about Goals and Experience:
I’m looking to implement your goals system into a campaign I wish to run that has a HUGE focus on character motivation so…
What tables do you use for handing out EXP? Are they your own homebrew or something taken out of published material?
Thanks!

Jace beleren never dies! he multiplies!!

Addendum: Adam later also added Partial XP if you work on a goal, and I think that’s equal to Trivial encounter XP for their level?

This is the table that I use for Goals, I dunno if it matches up with what Adam uses but it’s served me well. I’ve ended and started a campaign with them so take that for what it’s worth.

1 Like

It’s 50 * charLvl for pursuing a goal

Looks like the thread has the XP question handled!

Poor Ramus :itmejps:

I dunno if it’s suppose to come off this way intentionally or not but I’ve been watching the Ken Burns Vietnam Doc recently and the way the peasentry talks about the Black King is giving off some serious Ho Chi Mihn vibes. Throwing out the old regime (Heaven / The French) by going around and preaching emancipation and stuff. Just wanna say that it’s super cool whether it’s intentional or not!

2 Likes

This documentary is among the greatest endeavours of human filmmaking of all time. It’s genius, and the Vietnam war and all its historical precedents interests me intensely. Absolutely intentional and thank you for noticing!

3 Likes

Week 102 roll results and statistics:

Ramus Krill (DansGaming):

No rolls

Yotta Zō (Ezekiel_III):
Roll 1
  • type: Skill check
  • Skill: Insight
  • Roll: 13
  • Modifier: +7
  • Result: 20
  • Advantage: 0
Roll 2
  • Skill: Persuasion
  • Roll: 1
  • Modifier: +3
  • Result: 4
Roll 3
  • Roll: 18
  • Result: 21
Roll 4
  • Roll: 5
  • Modifier: +7
  • Result: 12
Roll 5
  • Roll: 5
  • Result: 8

Berg (GassyMexican):
Roll 1
  • Skill: Deception
  • Modifier: -2
  • Result: 16

Maharib (itmeJP):
Roll 1
  • Skill: Performance
Roll 2
  • Advantage: +
Roll 3
  • Roll: 8
  • Modifier: -1
  • Result: 7
Roll 4
  • type: Save
  • Skill: Intelligence
  • Roll: 16
  • Modifier: +1
  • Result: 17
Roll 5
  • Roll: 7
  • Modifier: +1
  • Result: 8

Adam Koebel:
Roll 1
  • Result: 9
Roll 2
  • Result: 7
Roll 3
  • Result: 13

Average Results
  • Ramus Krill: No rolls
  • Yotta Zō: 13.000
  • Berg: 16.000
  • Maharib: 12.800
  • Adam Koebel: 9.667

Average Rolls
  • Ramus Krill: No rolls
  • Yotta Zō: 8.400
  • Berg: 18.000
  • Maharib: 13.400

3 Likes

Ramus killing it this week.

1 Like

Here is a Table of by Level Experience gain as @AdamKoebel has said, I don’t know if this has been amended at all and the party does not appear to be using quest EXP at all. But here it is with all the calculations. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oODxvBK844QfrnSAOLnZi2MWjPbXGTyD8uiGs2bCtEk/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

Looks like your table dropped “Easy” and translated medium to easy, hard to medium, and deadly to hard. Which I don’t think is the case for the show? Not positive, though the table confused me for a bit figuring out why the numbers weren’t matching up :stuck_out_tongue:

At one point, it was pointed out that the progression with those multipliers gets weird at 10+ and leads to substantially less time between levels, so a switch to x1.5 was suggested, but I haven’t been paying close enough attention to the numbers to see if Adam implemented that or not.