itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Community Games

Hey :itmejpnation: , would love to get some community games or events going! Figured we could use this to help get interest/ideas in them , let me know your thoughts!

8 Likes

Any and all games? I want to find people to play BF1 with in the EU

1 Like

Pretty much any and all games, yeah, as long as there are enough people who want to join in. We’ve talked about doing Tabletop Simulator. We could also do Smite/Dota 2/League games, Atlas Reactor, things like that.

1 Like

I would love to play some Tabletop Simulator with you guys :smiley:

3 Likes

Should we have an option to have gamer tags in our profiles?

3 Likes

Yes! This is great idea!

Also, are people going to be able to display their subs soon Daniel?

1 Like

@Crosseye_Jack is working on getting that going but it’s looking promising!

1 Like

I have a number of ideas on how to do it. And looking at the code for discourse it actually have its own built I scheduling system so I can keep the subs status “fresh” as I didn’t want to only perform the check when they log in as discourse will try and keep them logged in.

I want to see if I can track down the issue with avatar uploads first as the settting say they should already be working.

1 Like

I’m for community games too! I’d join something on Tabletop Simulator for sure, I’m shit at anything action oriented :frowning:

4 Likes

ARMA BR games again?! I dunno if that game is alive anymore

4 Likes

Hi!

To have a place where people might want to gather other people around to play a certain game together, there might be a need for a separate category on the forums. While the General might work for it, it could be better to have them on somewhere where the threads have more time to stay on the first page of the category. Community Gaming sounds like a good name for it.

I must say that this is coming form a place where i haven’t been used to see tags for threads. It might be enough to have Community Gaming as a tag and while the threads are relevant they will get bumped up. I’m just not sure how it would look like to have “3 more for overwatch group” pop up in there as most people might see it a bit spammy. Also, i’m not sure if this kind of posting to gather a one time party instead of a longer running thread would be a feasible way to get people together or would it even be advised in the first place?

4 Likes

This is very true and something we really need to think about. For now it is possible to at least add your gamertags and such in your profiles and they will show up in your user card as well. I’ll reference your post in the staff section and see where it goes. Great feedback by the way. :itmejpbro:

4 Likes

I’m totally up for some community games. I’ve been getting into Rainbow Six Siege, just to add that game to the list. I’d also be up for a table top sim game as well.

3 Likes

We could also round up a group for WoW, maybe even get a guild going. And literally just now remembered Jackbox games are a thing that exists and we could totally play those!

1 Like

What would be the best way to organise community games? Here on the forum or on JPs Discord? I know everyone can access the forum and only subs can access the discord. Would it just be best to spin up a thread in General?

1 Like

Feel free to post it!
TTRPG related stuff goes in RollPlay General all other games/events goes in itmeJP General. If it’s miss posted don’t worry someone will help you move it to the right place so the right people can see it… with these eyes :itmejpexcite:

2 Likes

I would love it if a JP WoW guild popped up since I’m just starting my WoW career. (RIP social life)

I would love to be involved in a community RP, someone dm or something id be up for it XD

1 Like

You best move would be to start a new topic in RollPlay: General and to get more eyes on your search.

1 Like

Just seconding what @TwitchSurgeon said about a thread in RollPlay: General. I’d be happy to put a tag in the thread like “TTRPG_LFG” or something similar :slight_smile:

2 Likes