itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Alternative site color scheme

Is there a way to change up the color scheme? For some reason it feels like my eyes are straining when I read the site and I want to try and change the background to see if that will fix the issue.

2 Likes

Yes! It’s more than possible. What did you have in mind?
Basically we can create more than one theme without effecting everyone.

1 Like

Either a tan or grey background instead of navy? I’m not honestly sure.

2 Likes

Sorry I might have jumped the gun on this one :frowning:
Not finding that for this release but it’s coming in a future release of the system. Let’s try and figure this out anyway. If you’re using Chrome (but should be similar in Firefox) right click on the background and click inspect.

You should see this:

html {
color: #bbb;
font-family: 'Roboto', Helvetica, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
background: url(https://community.itmejp.com/uploads/default/original/1X/bb9a3bfe1d38911bc1b0df352b5f2cf4035b0867.jpg);
background-size: repeat;
background-position: 50% 70px;
background-attachment: fixed;
}

Change the “Background: url(http…)” attribute to either a HEX color or just the word “tan”. So it should like this “Background: tan” or “Background: #d2b48c”. That will change the background to tan. This isn’t a permanent fix but should help you figure out what color works for you and I see what the problem might be.

2 Likes

Light mode would be nice. This “Dark Mode” is nice and looks hella good. But for me it’s harder to read. An option to turn on or off “Dark Mode” is what I meant to write :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Moved your post to a more relevant topic.
As you can see there’s currently no way to do it besides user scripts that replaces the CSS, and that might be a valid option.

I’ve switched font from Roboto to Open Sans, Open Sans is a little bit easier to read and hopefully that aids a little along the way. Let me know if there’s anything else that I can do and I’ll look into it.

1 Like

noooo roboto is the best whyyyyy

j/k